1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Other Love

Discussion in 'A Place To Discuss And Show Off All Other Pets' started by Bug, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Bug

Bug Regular Member Registered

Hi all
    This is my lovely girl Bee. She had a busy life racing and hunting and now she is 20 is enjoying a slower pace with me as a happy hacker.
    20181009_122103.jpg

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Bee looks lovely

Bug likes this.
  3. Bug

She is ! I lost my last mare in 2016 after 20 years with her and didn't think I would have another. Last year I heard Bee was looking for a home and so I changed my mind lol

4. Rain

Rain Parrot Sniffer Regular Member

She's beautiful. :)

Bug likes this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

We have quite a few horses on the farm and I just love them mind you I have never ridden a horse although the lady who runs the stables and the horse riding school has offered me to have a few free lessons I have not taken her up on the offer.

Bug likes this.
  6. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

She has a kind eye :)
    I used to have arab chestnut mares, used to love early morning hack as the mist was rising off the stubble fields very relaxing. Don't miss the really early morning mucking out in torrential rain as its coming in your face sideways and breaking the ice in the field trough though. Somewhere along the line I just got old with creaking joints

Bug likes this.
  7. Roo

Roo Regular Member

She's lovely, I have two at the moment.. Although they look more like hippos at the moment :lol:

8. Steve Bad

Steve Bad Regular Member Registered

She's lovely. My misses is an affiliated showjumper and had a 16.2 grey ID X TB but let him out on permanent loan 8yr ago when our grandson was born. He died year before last.

9. Bug

Thank you Rain..I think she is !! X

Rain likes this.
  10. Bug

It's hard when they pass away. I still miss my old ones.

Steve Bad likes this.
  11. Bug

Haha. My old girl was a good doer and a mud monster. Bee loves mud too

Roo likes this.
  12. Bug

Arabs are so pretty and I do like a chestnut mare

13. Bug

Could be a New Year resolution...ride a horse

14. Michael Reynolds

I am quite fine patting them and giving the occasional apple, if they are in the field opposite and I go in there they all come running over for a little attention, My Beryl when she was with me used to love sitting on there backs or head, Beryl was a Ringneck whom I just miss too much.

Bug likes this.
  15. DizzyBlue

Mine were totally nutty, sassy, wick and cheeky total mischief makers
    Did a spot of dressage with one of them and gave it up as a bad job as she liked to do everything at break neck speed lol she did have a brilliant extended trot though head really arched mane flying, that daft arab cocked tail bolt upright and a real flick of the lower leg as she extended :) mad as a bottle of frogs the pair of us.
    Lots of fond memories of being dumped into conifer bushes at high speed when she decided she couldn't be bothered lmao.
    She could pop a 5 barred gate like it wasn't there if she had a mind too, belly before brains one rattle of a feed bucket and she was out the field and back in her stable he he he!
    Always remember one of the yard lasses who did a lot of competition x country etc begging to take her out and Indy coming home without her. Yard lass turned up 10 minutes later having been dumped into the only puddle for miles around, she tried to take too close contact on her with the reigns (she was really soft in the mouth light as a feather) and Indy said feck off and dumped her and then trotted off for home. Put herself right back into her own stable :risas3: luckily everybody was ok if a little sheepish :)

Rain and Bug like this.
  16. DizzyBlue

I used to feel the need for speed ...old age hit me somewhere along the line .... these days feel like I pulled up in a layby and fell asleep!
    Arab horses, dragstrip racing my MX5 in race what you brung and bikes … my last bike was an R6 wanted an R1 but my legs were too short :risas3:
    My how things change :watchout: Saturday night and these days the most exciting thing is playing peekaboo with little Henni (one of the grey girls) on the settee!!

17. Bug

The plethora of emotions a horse brings to your life is immeasurable x

DizzyBlue likes this.
  18. DizzyBlue

Especially when they deliberately stamp on your feet :risas3:

Bug likes this.
  19. DizzyBlue

Bug likes this.
  20. Bug