Mutation of cockateil?

Itwasntme

Registered
Hey guys was woundering if anyone could tell me the type cockateil I have? I got him/her on Monday. Left him/her for a couple of days before starting hand taming and stuff at first he/she would try fly or climb away from my finger but now just climbs on and comes out Of The cage with no problem and explores the house and fly's in his/her cage when he/she feels like it. If anyone knows gender that would be great too thanks.

Attachments

Itwasntme

Registered
Thanks alot. To me he/she looks more like a pearl pied but only going on with what I see on the internet but am not sure 😂 .

dianaT

Staff member
:welcome: from me too. I'm don't know much about cockatiels but quite a few members do and I am sure they will be along with advice.
Such a dear little bird it doesn't look very old, what is it's name.

Zoe220615

Thanks guys. Tbh I have no clue how old he/she is but I think he/she hasn't went through the first moult tho.
Usually females keep the barring on the tail feathers males lose the bars also males lose the pearl markings as they molt. Im not sure you would be able to visually sex as has pied gene as its hard to. Most of the time with cockatiels you can tell the sex males are very vocal females not so much an mine are abit hissy. Either way lovely bird.

Top Bottom