Muppets

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
A classic example of half term muppets who underestimate the power and speed of the sea and also ignore the three signs warning not to cross or swim in the ganel. As you can see the family cross the river that's just past their knees and flowing fast. Yay they are on the sand bank surrounded by water and a fast incoming tide that will fill the river in the next 10 minutes. Pic two was about 15mins later and the tide was now about 5ft in the river and fairly dangerous to try and cross. I waited with the dogs ready to call the lifeboat but the guy who rents out surfboards was at his hut and ran out calling them to come back he had a winter wetsuit on and a life jacket and the family slowly walked back to then realize they were stuck the surf guy told them to stay there he will get the jet ski but no they all decided to jump in with panic and yes they were all violently washed down towards the sea where a couple of local surfers pulled them out. Made me so mad how stupid some people are and how the adults would risk their children's lives as well.received_410591659634045.jpegreceived_2079047668863059.jpeg

Yellowchickenparrot

Staff member
Can you see the people in the last pic still fairly oblivious they are surrounded by deep fast flowing water. You might have to zoom but they are in the bottom right of pic on the last bit of sand bank

Last edited:

dianaT

Staff member
Oh my goodness, some people, what is wrong with them, honestly then others risk their lives to save them.
Well done those who rescued them, it could have been a very sad ending.

Michael Reynolds

Time and tide waits for no man, the sea can be so dangerous if it is not understood and respected. getting caught on a sand bank must of been such a fright for the parents whom did not understand the forces of nature and must of been so worried about there children. they should of stayed on the sandbank keeping there head above water as rescue was on its way, I am pleased it turned out ok but I take a bet they will respect the power of the sea next time that's if they will ever venture out as far again. well done to the people whom helped

i would send the photos to you local paper with an account of what happened, it may warn others of the danger

Bradders

Parrot Power!
Staff member
I don’t think people realise how unpredictable and dangerous water can be!

Reminds me of the time a family from Liverpool had to be rescued from Snowdon many years ago. Nice sunny day at the foot of the mountain, so thought it a great idea to climb to the top with their young children all wearing flip flops! Who does that!?

Top Bottom