1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday 8th April

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Its just started getting light here but from about 09.00 there should be a good bit of broken sun and winds of about 11mph from ENE. There is no rain forecast so there is a good chance I will have to get the waders out if the met office is anything to go by.

The birds are fine I think but its not so easy checking them when its dark and I try to keep the light at a minimum. But it seems to be working in keeping them from waking so early and this laptop is a Predator that has red letter keys and a blue number pad. So far Nacho and Roxy have been silent so I must be doing something right. Its a bit early for the wild ones, even the Goldies but I wont give it too long before they are out and about.

Jeez, my eye is smarting, got some soap in it in the shower and its smarting like a good'un. I've run some Optrex in it but that has not made much difference. Got a day indoors today. No appointments at all but tomorrow and Wednesday I have an appointment both days. I think I have 4 this month. Perhaps tomorrow when I have an appointment at the health centre I will be able to pop into Tesco for the bits I need to make my slow cook, or I will buy the Cauli and Broccoli needed for the veg intake.

Have a Great Monday Everyone and for anyone feeling poorly get well fast.

Cheers

Nigel

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning Nigel and all that follow, its a cloudy and damp start to the day, I will be going in to town later but have quite a bit to sort out first so its another busy day, birds are all in high singing voice this morning and using my place as a race track going through the hall at great speed. Jackie came in my bedroom this morning the first time for a while. have a good day every one and I wish all those whom are not well have a good day today with far less discomfort

3. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

hello everyone,
    The forecast for here has improved and it looks like we are in for a dry mild spell this week...The virginia creeper on the house is sprouting leaves, all the trees are budding and the woodpeckers, jays and cuckoos calling - heard foxes last night in the woods and my neighbour says to look out for the two deer that are are around. Need to go to the post office today and think I will take Dora out for the ride as she enjoys trips in her pac o bird carrier and the PO is quiet enough for her to come in to say hello to them. Healing thoughts to all that are unwell.

4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good moring, looks like sun breaking through here. Catch up later I hope.

5. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Feeling chuffed it's not 12 yet and I have done all my jobs and everyone is happy. Had a complete laugh this morning as the guy across the road has asked several times for the couple next door not to put there bin and recycling boxes across his drive as he leaves for work at 8 and hes fed up of moving them. Well this morning was the last straw he floored it straight out his drive and smashed straight into all the bins dragging rubbish etc bloody everywhere. I was laughing so much! I watched the old guy put his bins out at 5am and he deliberately put them across his drive so his drive way was clear but he only goes out twice a week.

dianaT likes this.
  6. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Why do some people have to be so awkward and block someone else’s access

7. Yellowchickenparrot

Well the guy now has no bins lol

dianaT likes this.
  8. Yellowchickenparrot

It's all happening here!!! 20190408_120723.jpg 20190408_121225.jpg

9. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

oh my goodness :emoji_revolving_hearts: hello sweetie pie and welcome to the big wide world happy hatching day :)

10. DizzyBlue

The bin scenario would have cracked me up too think I may have been laughing helplessly for many an hour had I seen that :risas3:

11. Yellowchickenparrot

I drive out the village and there is smashed plastic bins for about 1/4 of a mile. I think the guy lost the plot he's a really nice guy and super friendly. I guess anyone can be broken.

dianaT, DizzyBlue and TomsMum like this.
  12. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Oops.......Council aren’t going to be too impressed!

13. Yellowchickenparrot

Don't think anyone is impressed, a few people in our street picked up the rubbish I gave them bags but couldn't help as I have the kids.

dianaT likes this.
  14. Yellowchickenparrot

Seven quail out! 20190408_141655.jpg

dianaT, DizzyBlue and Heather2131 like this.
  15. DizzyBlue

Look at those lovely fuzzy faces :)
    The owner of the smashed bins is liable for the replacement payment I think … hopefully he doesn't have cctv on them or it could turn out rather messy in more ways than one!

16. DizzyBlue

Errr how many eggs are in there? Looks like your going to have a whole gang of quails … wonder what percentage will be male … they do make a really strange noisy (but not as loud as a chicken cockerel) call very very early in the morning :applaudit:

17. DizzyBlue

My brain is now officially mush off to raid the fridge and perhaps just another couple of cups of coffee just to mull things over after todays events and see what else I can do :)
    catch ya laters peeps

18. Yellowchickenparrot

Don't ask how many I was thinking wifey would get 6 possibly 12 but no 36!

DizzyBlue likes this.
  19. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

20. DizzyBlue