Monday 7th October

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning

We actually had sun all day yesterday one day without rain, so I worked a lot of the time outside and then at bedtime wished I hadn't - too many body parts reminding me I shouldn't have done so much.

Needless to say it is pouring in rain now.

@Michael Reynolds just to say hope all goes well for you today and you will soon be safely back home with your flock.

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Diana and all that follow, Thank you, the worst thing is not having a cuppa or three in the morning I did myself a roast dinner that I had about 11:30 last night and at the moment I do not fill hungry. I will let you know how it goes as soon as I can, I have left the flocks feeding a little later than usual so they will not miss the evening feed so much put in extra water bowls for those that seem to use them for bathing or to make soup with, listed what each birds diet is and left fruit and veg for each of the ones caged plus so much prepared for the many that are not. well have a good day every one.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

hi all, busy people all of you - for those working I hope you can get a balance as you dont want to be doing too much at the expense of family life (been there, done that, not good). Quiet weather here today but much cooler. Dora snoozing on my left hand, so 1 finger typing today.
Hope all goes well Michael.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Afternoon all
It's one of those days :roulette::roulette::BangHead::BangHead: for me today well apart fromt he totally stunning sunrise this morning when I was taking mum to the early birds swimming club. At 6.30am was over in the nearby coastal town of Withernsea and the sun rising over the north sea was freaking awesome! Dark cherry reds then apricots and oranges truly worth watching.
Anyways here's the news from this end of the country …. Stepdad is now home but had to go back to collect his meds anticoags and pain killers as he had his hip replaced.
So off I trundle...
It's the west side of the city and I live east side in one of the villages a fair 40 minute bumper to bumper kind of trek.
So did battle will what felt like half of the city who didn't seem to know what lane they wished to be in or where they were going and you have to be a mind reader because obviously they have zero idea what the stick on the side of the steering wheel is for hint hint hint its indicators!
Eventually get there wander down to the pharmacy and that's when I realised it's going to be one of those strange days.
Starts like this ...
Me: Hello am here to pick up my stepdads meds his name is blah blah blah, address, date of birth and he was in such and such a room released at this time and his consultants name is Mr etc.
Pharmacist: Ok no worries getting meds ready now.
Me: ok fine
Waits a while.
Comes back
Pharmacist: Here are the meds do you have proof of id?
Me: Well I can prove who I am but he's my step-dad ….
Pharmacist: But you'll have the same surname.
Me: No he's my step-dad....
Pharmacist: So you don't have the same last name then?
Me: No
Pharmacist: Could he not come and collect himself?
Me: No he had his hip replaced so he's at home with a walking frame, can hardly sit down let a lone stand up defo can't drive for 6 weeks and isn't allowed to have his hip at more than 90 degrees so being in the vast majority of vehicles is not allowed at the moment plus is in a lot of pain as the meds weren't ready when they discharged him … hence me returning as instructed to collect them.
Pharmacist: So can you prove he's your step-dad?
Me: How does anybody prove such a thing?
Pharmacist thinks a while... ok I will ring him up and double check.
Me: Ok ….
Pharmacist: We have to do this as some of the meds are very strong morphine painkillers.
Me: yeah I understand that... pondering how she thinks any random person walking in off the street who wasn't there on official authorised business to collect would be able to wander in to a private hospital and have all the information that I have and happen to know these need picking up and cross reference that with the prescription she has in front of her. But hey no doubt its standard procedures...
Pharmacist: Ok great I will ring him as ask if he's your step-dad … can you give me a telephone number to ring please?
Me: Yes ……
I didn't dare say how does that prove I am his step-daughter and am authorised to pick them up especially when she's asking me for a number and I could be giving anybody's number :watchout:
Seriously is it just me that thinks this is weird?

Anyways got meds.

Off to do their shopping. Decided roasted chicken and veggies for the pair of them for lunch.
Comes back to car and notices everybody else is parked the wrong way around except me I had reverse parked as per the large sign. I get tutted at and the lady in the next vehicle says you parking like that hinders me from reversing out ….
I point to the sign your parked the wrong way around.
Reply comes back I always park like this here its easier except when people like you park like that!
I'm stood there and think hmmm not playing with a full deck of cards this one and say Errrr its illegal to reverse out on to the main road it says so in the highway code and if a traffic warden comes along you will get a ticket as you have parked the wrong way around its reverse parking only says so on the sign.
To which I get the very cross reply of well that's just stupid and I will write to my councillor to complain …
Didn't dare point out that underneath the sign it had the council's logo on it so it was them that did it …..

Off I trundle again.
Anyways meds delivered. Dressings changed. Peeps fed and watered and just come home for a break for an hour and drink some serious strong coffee's! I think I have earned them today!

Michael Reynolds

well the first opp went well and they removed the most unsightly part for testing, have to wait a further three weeks before they may have to do more, the worst thing is having to go with out a cuppa for so long, woke up in the recovery room with no ill effects to the opp and being put to sleep, all the staff was great and I can bend down without much pain or dizziness, I do not know if the pain killers they gave me will wear off but at the moment I fill fine and back home. @DizzyBlue yes I always back in to a parking space and often people have said it makes it more dangerous for them to reverse, my reply is you should learn to drive then on a test you have to back in to a parking space and if you cannot drive in both directions you should not be on the road, if you do have an accident when reversing then the law will put you at blame and that includes if you hit my car. I think its a silly argument as most vehicles are higher at the back and will lesson there view getting out of a space even more. Glad you step-dad is out of hospital. thank you for your kind thoughts every one xx

dianaT

Staff member
@ So pleased you are back home @Michael Reynolds , fingers crossed they will not have to do nay more. Hope you have got some pain relief to take should you need it once the ones you were given wears off.
@DizzyBlue good to hear your step dad back home so soon, hope he makes a good recovery. Yes morphine based drugs and the like cannot be given out without the collector having i.d. but I guess the phone call was really the only option today.
I agree re parking, we always reverse into parking spaces, apart from anything else it makes for a 'clear get away' ! I am always amazed at how most folk do not do that. For me, I just hate reversing out of a space.

Kendra

@DizzyBlue I fully understand, I have been trying to register with a doctors down here in Lincs, not without a passport, need I say more?

@Michael Reynolds I always drive into a parking space and reverse out, easier to drive into a small space and easier to reverse out into a big space, simple to me. Anyway, hope you feel better now and things will be sorted soon.

Michael Reynolds

yes I fill much better at the moment, from the time I first approached the doctors they acted quickly, very happy in the treatment and care they gave, its now a short waiting time to see what else they need to do, so much will depend on the findings they removed, don't worry I will try to leave Buster in your capable hands (if you still have them after a few weeks) if worst come to the worst Ha Ha :too1: I know you have mist his calls and you will just love him. second thoughts I will think @KateA will want him :risas3: :yikes:

KateA

yes I fill much better at the moment, from the time I first approached the doctors they acted quickly, very happy in the treatment and care they gave, its now a short waiting time to see what else they need to do, so much will depend on the findings they removed, don't worry I will try to leave Buster in your capable hands (if you still have them after a few weeks) if worst come to the worst Ha Ha :too1: I know you have mist his calls and you will just love him. second thoughts I will think @KateA will want him :risas3: :yikes:
Haha. He's a lovely bird. He appears carnivorous though. X

Michael Reynolds

I fill a bit like being the woman of the house as I have to wear stockings until tomorrow afternoon ha ha, Buster did not like the pads on my hands from the injections but I finally persuaded him to accept them and not want to bite my hand, its amazing what a walnut in its shell will do. one good thing is when the needles went in my hand it was not as bad as Busters claws so I never felt them much.

Michael Reynolds

I do not know, the person must of run out or Buster has already divulged it, he is my body guard if some one comes to my door whom I do not like ie tv licence inspectors I deliberately let him out and I have never had one wanting to take the chance of inspecting my place as soon as I tell them they are coming in at there own risk and I will not be liable if he attacks or injures them. I also tell them he is quite dangerous and so can the macaws be, well as you know he is a gentle giant Ha Ha

Michael Reynolds

No he is not brain damaged, he is so loving with me and lets me do anything with him, he is great on a harness and I can free fly him on the farm when no one is around, I just do not trust him with other people around. he is a powerful bird and extremely quick he will lure his pray with his sweetness and then have them, loves playing and swinging in full circles on his fixed perch, we hit it off from the time we met and he has never bit me, I am glad as he can get into any nut that the macaws can. his grip is so strong that if he dose not want to let go of me there is no way a can get his toes up to release him. I can end up with his claws sticking in me and it can look as if I have had a lot of needles in my hand. that's when he is being gentle. he loves to be cuddled and explore all around but I have to watch him as he will bite any thing just for the fun of it, it dose not take long for him to destroy any thing that get near to his beak, its his call that can be extremely loud and he is far louder than the macaws I have kept, he can talk but he is very limited, but honestly once trust is gained he is special and has a heart of gold, he is kept in a large macaws cage but has even bent the bars on one designed for a green winged, I do use a grill on the bottom of his cage but he has even broke a bar off of that, he got out once when I did not close his door properly I was looking for him and found him busy chewing a wheel off of Hollis cage, yes he destroyed it, but i do love him lots he is very intelligent. @Kendra

Kendra

@Michael Reynolds Sorry Michael, I meant my Oscar has something wrong with his brain, Oscar is very loving to the point he wants to hold on very, very tight with his beak, resulting in lumps of skin being removed, but he does not mean it I am sure, poor boy. By the way, Oscar is much better at cracking nuts open than Lucy Macaw.

Michael Reynolds

I did not get to know Oscar much, the next time I meet him I will have to try to get to know him more. I do not think that Oscar has learnt how much pressure he is using, I think it may be the original owners reacted and he found it was a way to get noticed, reinforcing the strong bite.

Kendra

Michael, his last owner kept him for years in a cage 45cm wide and 60cm high, 45cm deep, maybe out 1 hour a week. I still have that cage, we use it as a transport cage.

Top Bottom