Monday 6th July

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning, how is everyone today?

Sunny here so washing is on the line to dry but...a strong whiff coming off the fields, had a look and farmer is muck spreading, hope the clean clothes does not come in with a hint the smell of it on them.

Waiting for Tesco delivery should be here 11-12.

Michael Reynolds

Good morning every one, weather looks calm but with cloud in the sky. had an emergancy this morning as Ellie landed on Max and Mo's cage and Max bit Ellies foot. i had soon stopped the bleeding but Ellie was a little upset and needed calming. she would not even take treats from me but after a long cuddle and a few kisses i got her to eat a grape or two. she seams fine and allowed me to clean the wound with out any fuss. i did manage to do half the garden yesteday but that did wear me out. soi am hoping to get the other half sorted and tidied later. my flock are all quiet at the moment but they are all busy feeding, i hope you all have a great day xx

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Hello all, a damp start but sunny now. Have almost finished "renovating" the gravel drive....weeds and grasses removed (they'll be back), compacted areas roughed up a bit and now to rake, rake, rake to even it all up. I keep wondering how @Ararajuba is getting on shifting his stones.
Chickens all in a funny mood, something spooked 2 of them yesterday (bee or wasp i think) and they've all been lurking in the bushes. Pips is making sounds like a cockerel and Marianne thinks she wants to lay an egg (she hasn't laid for a year at least) but is sitting in a nest box while her sister thinks she needs company.
Dora misses their company so I'll see if I can tempt them to be sociable this afternoon.
Don't overdo things @Michael Reynolds and take care all

dianaT

Staff member
Me again, hubby used lawn mower this morning to do the lawn but a stone flew up and has cracked one of our windows - the bottom pane. So phoned house insurance to be quote a ridiculous price for the excess even they suggested I contact a glazier to see how much a replacement would be, so now trying to get hold of one (the window is safe) is like finding hens teeth! One will phone back end of the week to make an appt to come & quote next week, two others no replies. I despair. Just hope the first ones response is not what is called a Pembrokeshire Promise!

Ararajuba

Hello all, a damp start but sunny now. Have almost finished "renovating" the gravel drive....weeds and grasses removed (they'll be back), compacted areas roughed up a bit and now to rake, rake, rake to even it all up. I keep wondering how @Ararajuba is getting on shifting his stones.
Belated response as I haven't been on here for ages - very slowly unfortunately, especially as I can't really do that kind of stuff outside between about 8AM - 5PM most days, depending on weather conditions, and it has been very clear lately, which more or less precludes that kind of activity for long unless I want to incinerate myself. You can get quite bad sunburn in this kind of weather before you really notice anything. I doubt I will be finished before the rains come, particularly as winter is drawing to an end and it is due to get very hot soon! I did manage to get rid of a few sacks of bagged pebbles the other day (FIL wanted it for concrete aggregate as he is having his barbecue reconstructed), but it hasn't made much of a dent in what is out there.

Besides what is still lying on the ground out there, mocking me, the house is entirely surrounded by sacks of blasted pebbles cluttering up the patio now, so I'm hoping someone will want to buy some or otherwise help us dispose of it soon!

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

@Ararajuba l managed to finish the gravel driveway a few weeks back, but in short bursts before the sun came round. It's now too hot to do much and although sedentary activity is OK most of the time during the day, today we've stayed indoors.

Top Bottom