Monday 6th January

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone
I guess this week things (and days) get back to normal for more folks.
A wet one here with gales of up to 50mph forecast, wish we could send some of our rain over to Oz to help dampen those awful fires.
My friends dad lives out there and it's not reach his area yet but naturally it is so worrying.

Well hope everyone has recovered for the festivities, family have gone home so back to normal here - whatever normal is!

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Diana and all that follow, can I ask you Diana what is normal. its dry and sunny at the moment so can you find a way of sending your weather too Australia so it dose not come through Kent. I know they need rain so badly but worried about the winds though. Birds are in great singing voices all with there own calls its like waking up in a jungle at times, all I need is the sound of crickets and not much imagination. will have to go out later but not too much planned for today, I hope you all have a lovely day.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Hello folks - its a lovely sunny day today but with a chill wind and although the thermomenter says 5 degrees it feels MUCH colder so Dora will have to stay indoors today even when I go out with the chooks for a while.
A friend who lives near Sydney has posted on a Facebook site that people can use to register that they are safe. Prayers for everyone involved and the wildlife - even their instinctive ability to sense danger isnt always enough when fire spreads so quickly.

Eddie

Hello! Well children and husband are back at school and work! Took hairy Allan out in his new dog suit today to give it a trial run... we had some very funny looks! Had an awful time trying to towel Eddie again this morning 😢. 5 times down 23 to go.. I hope it gets easier.. she does everything she can to do escape including rolling into her back with her wings out and grabbing the towel with her feet. She is still so very tired and I can see some bruising near her stitches. Had a little nibble on some sweet corn but nothing much more. Off to the vets later for post op check up. Hoping that she can have her medication then rather than having to catch her again when we get back. Stay warm and dry everyone! X

Attachments

dianaT

Staff member
Good idea to ask vet to administer the medication while you are there - don't forget to take it with you.
Lovely dog, but does he need a coat, looks like he's plenty of fur to keep him warm. How old is he? I guess he is a GR. Love the name (my hubby is Alan!)

Eddie

Allan struggles with his back legs. He is on Yumove plus which is great, but with all the horrible weather we had before Christmas he was constantly getting wet and muddy... I hosted him off and towel dried him as much as I could but still took ages to dry and then he would struggle to stand up. Double coated dogs are a blessing and a curse! This one was recommend on GR forum as breathable/water repellent and machine washable. I can’t take the credit for his name as he came ready named at 13 months! He is a beautiful boy 😍. Eddie did try to bite his paw once but they just ignore each other now. Our budgie who died used to land on him and preen his toes!

dianaT

Staff member
@Eddie I understand now, sorry if I came across as rude, never meant to. I used to belong on the GR forum long time back. We have 2 dogs both rescues Max - Springer and Arthur - GR (cream colour) photos of Arthur on this forum under Non Parrot media, poor boy needed 6 teeth out and one filling last Sept. ! https://theparrotclub.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/arthur.36661/ Ours have YUmove too. Do let us know how Eddie gets on at the vets.

Eddie

@Eddie I understand now, sorry if I came across as rude, never meant to. I used to belong on the GR forum long time back. We have 2 dogs both rescues Max - Springer and Arthur - GR (cream colour) photos of Arthur on this forum under Non Parrot media, poor boy needed 6 teeth out and one filling last Sept. ! https://theparrotclub.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/arthur.36661/ Ours have YUmove too. Do let us know how Eddie gets on at the vets.
Didn’t come across as rude at all 😉 it is an unusual sight! I’ll update when I get back later x

Top Bottom