Monday 4th November

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning and it is still raining here!

Had friends here yesterday afternoon for tea & cake and were joined by another friend and his dog, so dogs had a friend round too.
Nice for us all to sit & natter mostly complaining about the new recycling scheme our councils puts into action from today, no one knows where to keep them all, although we do have the dairy. Anyway we shall have to wait and see what happens.
Here's a photo of what we all now have and expected to take up to the top lane weekly apart from the grey sacks on which we are allowed general waste 3 sacks collected 3 weekly! Then of course later in the day we have to go backup the lane to collect the emptied red/blue nasty bags that velrco acress the top but leave gaps where rain can get in, plus all the boxes!
Enough moaning. Hope you all have a nice Monday.

Attachments

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Diana and all that follow, all I can say on your post Diana is that it sounds like a load of old rubbish Ha Ha, mind you tea and cakes sound fine. birds are all cheerful this morning, flying about, being very active. I have quite a busy day will be seeing some of my birds that are out as companion birds. yes I normally have to use the loo a lot as I get so many cuppa's with cake or biscuits during my rounds. well I hope you all have a good and interesting day today as I think mine will be quite an interesting one

Beaky

Morning Diana. I am just about getting rid of my cold which went onto my chest, I blame the hotel air conditioning in the Spanish hotel. We complained about it in the dining room and entertainment rooms but they couldn't understand why we didn't want it on. We explained that it was uncomfortable, it was causing a lot of colds, it was costing the hotel money and was detrimental to the environment, They turned it off once but then put it back on again maybe there are rules we didn't understand.
Our council is going to charge for emptying our brown (garden waste) bin from next year. As for having six different bins to separate into, I think it is a scandal, rather that enforcing the manufacturers and supermarkets to stop wrapping everything up in plastic etc., the government have decide to put the burden on the rate payers instead grrr,, I recently watched a guy struggling to put a bunch of bananas into one of those thin heastic bags in the shop. for goodness sake they already have a natural protective skin. I think the whole thing needs to be looked at nationally and holistically rather than every council going their own different ways.
My Galaxy A5 iphone is about to end its contract, have looked at the O2 shop who i am with and all the latest phones are huge, they seem to be getting bigger all the time. I don't like carrying this one around much. I want a small lightweight one that will still go online. Maybe i need to look wider than O2.
The outside bird feeders are all full with different foods, it is now they need help from us.
Have a pleasant Monday everyone

dianaT

Staff member
Lol daughter had her new bin bags collected the chaps were having to take the items out of the bags and place them into the containers on their new lorries - which are smaller than the original ones - yet they tell us we can recycle more. Then a council chap came along in his van asking her if all was collected okay which it was, he told her the lorry has now broken down!

Bradders

Parrot Power!
Staff member
👋 Hi everyone,

Hope you’ve had a good day! Officially back at work now though it was a teacher day so eased in gently!

Ruby is scared of most things but not usually affected by fireworks until last night. One of the neighbours must have had a bit of a display so it was continuous for a while. She was not impressed and actually flew to me for comfort not my OH!

Top Bottom