1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday 31st December

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dianaT, Dec 31, 2018.

1. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning

So here we are last day of 2018, and many of us will say good riddance to this year for various reasons.
    Anyone staying up until midnight, going to a party etc ?
    Whatever you do enjoy and lets hope 2019 will be kinder to everyone in all ways.

Rain and TomsMum like this.
  2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning Diana and all that follow, I hope today will be a good one for every one, its another damp and cloudy start but not too bad again outside. its a normal cleaning day again and I hope that i can finish the cabinet today birds are all fine and poppy is demanding my attention as is the norm now. well i will get her out for a cuddle in a short while. have a good day and enjoy what is left of 2018

3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Yes it’s been a very topsy-turvy year. We shall stay up but only because of silly fireworks.

dianaT likes this.
  4. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning Diana and all to follow...

Yes, its the last day of 2018 today and although I have had a whale of a time there has been a good few downers. Health has got to be at the top of the list and other peoples health has been more of a concern that mine. I really do think of all that I know that are suffering every morning at least and hoping they get better fast. One of the other things that has totally PI*$€D me off is that friggin Brexit word. You cant turn on any tv channel or DAB station without hearing the 'B' word. I will be happy when its all finished regardless what happens. The country is full of 60 million experts that know as much as me, feck all.

The weather is settled right now with a moderate wind and a temp of 8.4c outside with no rain forecast.

I hope to do another wash today, this time just a 14 minute one with like face flannels, tee towels and anything light just to see how good it is. then perhaps do another one after with a pile of Frankies blankets and things, perhaps do them on a 60deg wash. One thing I got to do this morning is get to the outlet tube on the back of the machine as that is not connected to anything and there is a hose nozzle there for me to just slide the tube on.

I have a quick simple question. I have never used tabs before but have ordered from Amazon 3 boxes of Ariel 3 in 1 tabs. Is one of the liquids in them a concentrated form of conditioner or should I add extra conditioner as well?

Cheers me Dears, I wish you all a Healthy, Wealthy 2019

Nigel

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and dianaT like this.
  5. Nigalius

I shall be staying up and have one or three drinks but it wont be like Saturday though. Its frightening to think of what would happen if for instance I let Frankie outside to do whatever and forgot he was out there.

dianaT likes this.
  6. Michael Reynolds

I still use Comfort when I am washing things like jumpers of soft linings even with the tablets Nigel, well Poppy and Sid are stopping me from working at the moment
    IMG_0029.JPG i think I will shave off the beard later

7. Nigalius

8. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Started off bright and promising here although again minus 2 here, sun now making the mists rise so doubt my laundry will dry. Never used tabs for washing though.

Not out to celebrate but might stay up - tonight will be a revelation as we dont have close neighbours and arent near enough to a town or village to be concerned about our chickens or Dora being frightened by loud fireworks - in Kent we had some unthinking neighbours who let off the loudest fireworks at every opportunity - made one of our chooks go into a heavy moult and be quite sick one year following a 3 hr firework show!

dianaT likes this.
  9. Michael Reynolds

Well I am lucky that I live on a farm and not near town so fireworks have never been an issue. Thanks for the offer @Nigalius but I think I may just lay on the grass and let the lawn mower run over my chin

10. Nigalius

I am having a great evening so far. Still on my first Courvoisier and Pepsi Max. Strength of about 50/50. Much better than how I was a couple of days ago, that was plain stupid. Just relaxing here listening to a James Last Christmas album. I will put on something more lively later, perhaps the Trans Siberian Orchestra, again, its a Christmas rather than New Year album but the music is very very upbeat and are many carols. Then I will finish off with Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell. until 23.55 when the radio goes on, I will see in the new year and then play ABBA - Happy New Year. After that its just whatever I fancy.

PS:- 2nd Courvoisier and Pepsi now. Haha

Michael Reynolds likes this.