Monday 28th September 2020

Tonifrax

Agent Scully
Good morning everyone! 😊

Hope you're all well. Another dull day today and it's freezing ❄
Still haven't gone to get coffee.. Can I swallow the beans like a tablet for a little caffeine boost? :risas3: should have went to sleep earlier than 3am

Not much planned for today, just spending time with the flock and studying. Job interview tomorrow morning which should be interesting with a mask on 🤔

Have a good one! 😃

JackAndRob

Staff member
Morning all,

@Tonifrax - good luck with the interview!

A cold start but the temperature is slowly rising. It is supposed to be 15 degrees today, but that might be a bit optimistic. Calm and bright apart from that.

The birds are fine. Jessie is in super cuddly mode, which is nice. It took ages to get her to bed again last night. She was in a very playful mood so I let her have her fun. It makes up for monster mode, when she can be a, well, bitey little monster! She did have a neck full of pin feathers which have mostly gone now, so I do understand when she is not feeling very bright.

I noticed yesterday that two or three of the pads on her feet were looking a bit pink. I don't know if that means that she doesn't have darker pigment in those areas or if her feet are sore. She is showing no signs of discomfort, even if I put pressure on those areas. I've checked all the perches and replaced a couple of potentially suspect ones.

I have two new Android tablets to set up. Yin's was acting up and mine is very old. Yin expects a seamless transition, so I have to do all the setup work. Yin is very technically minded, but she freely admits that she is just lazy :rolleyes:

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone, a dark wet one down here, More counties in lock down here in Wales but hasn't reached us in Pembrokeshire yet thankfully.

Good luck @Tonifrax .

@JackAndRob I think parrot feet pads do look a bit pink sometimes but still best to change perches as you have done.
That's a job on my list list this week to change all perches in the 4 cages, need to cut them all to size first and scrub them too.

I am supposed to be making pastry for a pie but cannot get motivated.

Hope you all have a decent Monday.

Tonifrax

Agent Scully
Thank you both! 😄

IMG_20200926_150148_compress61.jpg
IMG_20200926_150050_compress51.jpg

Tried to get decent pictures of Ollie's pic bits. Usually completely grey at beginning of the day when he comes down off his swing but are really pink sometimes by nighttime. Been getting him to go on flat perches and flat surface so theres not always pressure on it. @DizzyBlue also told me to leave his perches a little damp with f10 so it disinfects his feet to get rid of any bacteria. He doesnt seem in any discomfort either.

plumsmum

Hi all thought it was cold to start with this morning but now think it is quite warm outside. I have been watching a young pigeon over the last week which was nicknamed Nigel, he looked like he had been abandoned too soon by it's parents as was not coping very well. I put some food out but tbh he just didn't register it as food, just wanted his parents crop feeds still.
It was sweet that his sibling came to sit with him some times. Well sadly hubby found him in the garden yesterday, RIP Nigel.

@JackAndRob - re sore feet hun, what is the swing perch? Rope, cotton or Jute? This can make feet sore if used too much.

Have a good one all!

Zoe220615

Miss Marple
Hi everyone was cold this morning nice and sunny now though. Trying to get a few bits done but reggie is trying to help with everything an i gave up. Thought id look at the nothern parrots magazine that came threw the post today but again i have a little someone ready to help turn pages an looks for me lol
B8163ABA-35FC-4C73-AF14-68BBA55E9FE0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

JackAndRob

Staff member
@plumsmum We have some rope perches and boings. I think they are all natural fibre.

They haven't been a problem before and I am not convinced that the pink patches are sores. They may just be lacking dark skin pigment, in which case they shouldn't get worse. They do not seem sensitive.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Afternoon all.
Blue skies and sunshine over here for a change. Been and done the asda shop for the neighbours and the Morrison's shop for the missing but and mum and stepdads aldi shop! Finally home defo time for coffee. Ginger blob told me it was going to be nice today as he decided to go outside at just after 5am when I went for the papers and he's been following the sunshine around the garden all day :)
Just given neighbours on either side bunches of grapes from my vines in the back garden seem to have flipping loads this year.
I bet undersides of feet are pale in a morning as during the night there's been little activity just lifting and changing of which foot to rest on during the night.
@dianaT must be nearly the time of year for Stollen in the shops :naughty2:
Whatever your up to today stay safe peeps

........ Now gang way or get run over as I head to make coffee!!

plumsmum

@plumsmum We have some rope perches and boings. I think they are all natural fibre.

They haven't been a problem before and I am not convinced that the pink patches are sores. They may just be lacking dark skin pigment, in which case they shouldn't get worse. They do not seem sensitive.
I have heard that natural fibre can create sores hun, that's all.

dianaT

Staff member
@DizzyBlue I am keeping an eye on on my home shopping for the Stollen !

I am waiting for a delivery from Hermes, I was told it would arrive Saturday 12-4pm, we were in, we are always in, dogs always bark when vehicles are around, we are rural! Did they come ....no, did they leave card ...no. I received a msg telling me in their message they tried to deliver but no answer. So they sent another message saying to will try today again 12-4pm this time we put a sign outside plus a note on the door, guess what..... another message saying they tried to deliver etc etc. So I have taken photos of the signs, the house name etc. and contacted the seller who I am buying from. I also managed to phone Hermes, you can guess what a waste of time that was, it is all automated, I typed in the tracking no. eventually I am told 'we are having trouble with your address'. Yeah guess what I know that! Blasted company or driver, whichever, in future when I order things I will find out how it is being delivered and avoid those who use Hermes.

Bet I can guess it is a different driver from other times, down this track there is another family with the same surname but different first names and house name, I rather suspect that driver has devliered to them before so does not bother to read the house name on the parcel, but that is not for me to point out, and anyway there is no one I can point it out to!

plumsmum

I am waiting for a delivery from Hermes, I was told it would arrive Saturday 12-4pm, we were in, we are always in, dogs always bark when vehicles are around, we are rural! Did they come ....no, did they leave card ...no. I received a msg telling me in their message they tried to deliver but no answer. So they sent another message saying to will try today again 12-4pm this time we put a sign outside plus a note on the door, guess what..... another message saying they tried to deliver etc etc. So I have taken photos of the signs, the house name etc. and contacted the seller who I am buying from. I also managed to phone Hermes, you can guess what a waste of time that was, it is all automated, I typed in the tracking no. eventually I am told 'we are having trouble with your address'. Yeah guess what I know that! Blasted company or driver, whichever, in future when I order things I will find out how it is being delivered and avoid those who use Hermes.

Bet I can guess it is a different driver from other times, down this track there is another family with the same surname but different first names and house name, I rather suspect that driver has devliered to them before so does not bother to read the house name on the parcel, but that is not for me to point out, and anyway there is no one I can point it out to!
We had a company deliver some garage door draft excluder (rubber and metal) and they didn't bother ringing/knocking just heard a thud and the guy had hurled it at the front door and boogered off.

KateA

I absolutely detest Hermes. Had nothing but trubbles with them. They lie, mistreat, break parcels their contact or complaint centre doesn't reply. I complained two years ago about my parcel having been dropped off at completely different address and it claimed that I'd signed for it. Everyone I know had unpleasant experience with them.

Tonifrax

Agent Scully
No one around where i live seems to like hermes. Things always go missing or get delivered to the wrong address. I had a dpd person drop some stuff to me for my neighbour. He went away to leave a note through her door. Didnt open it but after having a quick look, noticed it was a nike shoe box and another nike bag with clothing.... My neighbour is a 92 year old woman! I then checked the address and gave it back to him because it was for someone across the street. Apart from the number the address was completely different.

Top Bottom