Monday 25th March

Nigalius

Madras
Morning All...

Its a sunny morning here but I wont say the forecast shows no rain as I said that yesterday and about 30 minutes later it rained and it was on and off all day. Typical of the met office. But there is no sign of rain at the moment and it is cloudless over the sea.

Both birds are fine and well and lively. They are piercing my ears at the moment (not literally) with their constant calling to each other. I think its so good when possible to have 2 of the same kind of bird in different cages and can see each other. If I go out for a short time and dont arrange for anyone to come in they can keep each other company.

It was hard to get up this morning, I got up to tend the birds and then went to lie down again. Should have had a coffee which I think would have kept me up. Some days are like that where I just want another half hour and that leads to 1.1/2 hours. I wanna go out to Montrose today to get some diabetic test strips from one of the 5 chemists which is ridiculous. But I will wait for my delivery of my new toy. One of these super watches that does everything except make the coffee. Its a Samsung G3 Frontier which should take a good while to learn how to use. If I have time I also want to go into Tesco for some yoghurts and Actimel. I am right out and need some urgently.

Have a Great Monday Everyone and get well soon to all the poorly peeps.

Cheers

Nigel

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Nigel and all that follow. its another sunny start to the day and my birds are in full voice. I have to go into town later but in the meantime I am taking the bird room door off and do a few repairs before covering it with a washable bamboo scene. The back wall is looking great now with the Rio Poster filling it up. but it was so hard to get it up by myself and my birds did not help at times.IMG_0209.JPG

dianaT

Staff member
Good morning everyone, Oh yes Michael that 'Nigel' from Rio is like your Buster!!

Michael Reynolds

well it was the same length 15feet that the bird room is well I will be doing the other walls in a different waterproof covering and a few Parrot pictures and wall ornaments to go on the other walls

Ararajuba

@Michael Reynolds - looks like a nice picture of a perfectly normal parrot there. I can't see what everyone's on about, personally!

A little girl woke up in the early hours, spent ages screaming for Mummy and Daddy every time she was put back in bed, and didn't want to go back to sleep. I was already very tired due to going to bed late and having had a big run with the dog in the evening (as I had also done yesterday, and not got enough sleep then either), but Mrs A seemed to have turned into a sort of unresponsive zombie, so I had to keep getting up and deal with Miss Naughty myself. As soon as she calmed down enough after I picked her up, she kept wanting to look at her book of ducky pictures, and watch "Masha and the Bear", and various cat cartoons, on the Internet (not a chance, my naughty little princess!). I'm deadly tired today - I think if she plays this trick again tonight I'm going to claim zombie-dom myself. Nights with the new one (due in less than a month now) are going to be fun if she keeps up this behaviour!

The consignment of less fancy shinies came today. I was a bit disappointed to see how small the box was, considering the price of the contents! I think I wanted them to each be in an individual fancy casket, with certificates! The main ones haven't even been sent yet (as I found out when I applied for a tracking number just now), so they will be a while yet.

I just had to rush around the house shutting all the windows as a sudden burst of heavy rain hit just as I was taking Little Miss Cheeky out of the bath (she won't let Mummy do it for some reason). It can go from nothing to an absolute torrential downpour in seconds at this time of year, and a strong wind also blew up out of no-where to help drive the water inside. If that had gone on for much longer, the whole interior of the house would be drenched by now. Only twenty minutes ago I was outside briefly, thinking that the sun (beating down in a cloudless sky) was really too hot to get anything done this afternoon!

Shirley

Good evning everyone , Michael that picture or paper look's fantastic i love it . Well had a long day but settling down rudy football on again so dockamentrys it is rofl . Tom cleaned Scooby Doo out and all Scooby could shout was Shirley haha he very rearly shouts Tom . Nigel a rest in the day is good for you , yes we have started having yakult its more or less the same as what you have . They tryed to get me to have build up drinks today as i have started to loose a bit of weight again grrrrr . Di how are you and family and the woofs doing bless . Im trying so hard if trying to get back into the forum agai but at times im failing misserably , with useing the tablet i just can not find things like i used too sadly :emoji_frowning2: even if i try and use my phone its difficult lol . To all the poorly ones and feathered friends get better soon .

dianaT

Staff member
Good evening Shirley, lovely to hear from you even if you think it is not often enough, you are doing well and love hearing from you whenever you can manage it. Dogs are fine thank you, they enjoying a run up the field now the sheep have gone. xx

Michael Reynolds

@Shirley its a thick plastic covered canvas Poster, I bought it just after Rio 2 finished in the cinema gave a donation to the variety club to help them buy a van to take disabled children around. I was going to auction it as at first I felt it was too big for my place, I have other paper Rio posters and other bits and a poster from the original Rio that I hope I can use in the room. I was going to use them last year but having my families bits cluttering my place I never had the space to move around. bought a lot of bits to go into the room last year so once done I will be happy. I just hope the flock will like it as well.

Shirley

I have missed you all so much Di its just been such a nasty end and begining of the year and didn't want to burden you all with my problems that was all. Tom & i have had a lot of heart ach to contened with .. I tryed down loading Tapertalk on my phone its changed so much as well i don't know where i am with that ethere . I can't get over the lung specalist secatery ringing me asking again if i have any animals or go near any grrrrr , i won't let them know about my Scooby Doo as had him now 11 yearsand he isn't the problem but not giving them chance to blaim anything on him Di . Michael they are brilliant pictures and i would do the same do a birdy room with them if i had one . It's so nice to be back and i am trying to get on here now as much as i can now . To all the poorly one's and feathered friends get well soon xx

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Evening all
Totally zoned out at the moment back is driving me mental and as I am compensating for my back have hurt right hip and left knee! I knew it would be a downhill slide from 40 with bits falling of the body work but flipping heck having past the 50 mark its turned n to a toboggan run! :risas3: Anyway took the co-codamol the quack has prescribed and can honestly say … way too strong for me bombed out my head and falling asleep all the time! Which is in one respect good as am getting loads of sleep but on the other side of the coin means zip on energy levels!
Henni is still picking and driving me batty.... ammie boys are trying to make me deaf with the hormonal screams and Denarii has decided even though she's an African grey she's actually a flipping giant cockatiel only a heck of a lot louder!!! :yikes:
Still trundling through the double glazing choosing rubbish hopefully will have it all sorted as to who to go with this week ….. if I can stay awake!
Need to get the grass cut ….. before the water buffalo move in to hide along with the giraffe out there :watchout: on the list of jobs to try and get done tomorrow along with the other 9 million jobs …. new perches need to be cut and ready for the indoor cages too …. :nut:

Shirley

Aww Tash hope things improve for you asp hun , so sorry to here your back is playing up trying to get rest is impossible when the birdy's call you as i know with Scooby he constantly call's me but im that carry packred at time i just ignor and try and rest through him calling hehe .Will give you a ring tomorrow at some point .

Michael Reynolds

you are not a burden Shirley and any way there not much we can do about them but try to help keep you as happy and fighting as hard as possible. so next time you go please make sure you have no parrot poop down your back Ha Ha, I am sure that apart from us lot being pleased that you give us your latest news Tom will most likely fill proud to you are doing your best to forget about the pain and depression and coming on to chat with your friends as well. If they bring out a Rio 3 I will phone my friends up at different cinema's and see if they have a large poster like the one I got that they will let me make a donation to the charity of there choice so I can get it, if they do I will get it and then find a volunteer or volunteers to get it over to you. mind you it will need a vehicle that can carry a ten foot by nine inch by nine inch box. I used heavy duty furniture staples to hold it in place. the main thing is you have to get better, hope you fill better tomorrow Tasha Zzzzzz

Shirley

I think its a wounderful thing your doing for the children Michael , i love chatting with you all and have missed you all so much . Yes Tom say's i should try and get some normality back now . How are you doing Jude will give you a ring also tomorrow if ok . Michael how do i pm you on my tablet hun as i you offered to discuss something with me xx

Ararajuba

@Shirley - I hope your health starts improving soon. My mother lost a lot of weight when she was on cancer treatment, about 5 years ago now (both chemo and radiotherapy, since the chemo didn't quite finish it off, but the radiotherapy follow-up did). She hadn't been so skinny since she was in her 20s! She seems to have mostly put it back on since, despite getting regular bouts of nausea, with at least one bad episode each week - possibly due to the effects of ongoing treatment to prevent it reoccurring. Pretty tiresome for her, but she assures me she'd rather suffer the nausea than have the cancer come back!

@Michael Reynolds - I was just wondering - do you recognize the bird on the extreme left of the Rio poster? (The white bird with a red head.) Those are quite a common sight around here, though I haven't seen any in our garden yet.

Shirley

Ararajuba the thing is im not on chemo thrapy hun , if you look in members chat all will be exsplained the best way i can as im not very good at exsplaining lol . Hope your mum's cancer never returned its so hard for anyone to cope with mentaly or other wise bless.

Top Bottom