Monday 1st July

dianaT

Staff member
Yes it really is 1st July.....where did the past 6 months go please ?

Seems very quiet here and no mad rush to get grandsons to school, it is quite nice!
Not going to be hot & sunny today not here anyway.
Hope you all have a good Monday.

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Diana and yellowchickenparrot plus all that follow, you have been to busy to notice how quick the days have gone past Diana, well it must be nice not to have to rush about first thing but i know it must seem very quiet for you. Birds have been up since four and all are calling out as the dustmen are out side. got to go out later so I hope you all have a good day thinking of all thoughs whom are not well and wishing that today they fill better. hope the kids enjoyed there chop Ha Ha, have a great day

bikergirl Carol

morning all. windy but warm here. we are going to daughters later today. my granddaughter has a leavers play at school today. it happens every year that the class that is leaving the baby school and going to the Big school has to present a play that parents and family can go to. Dosnt seem like she is old enough to leave school. how time does fly. Anyone know how nigel is?
safe day everyone. x

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

evenin all....if you are old enough to remember that? Cloudy but warm today, but looked in the fridge and saw stuff that needed to be used up (some of it bought mainly for Dora but I get what she is bored with), so we had a cook up session and I am sure she eats more than usual when she thinks she is helping, and although she wont eat finely chopped chop she tucked into grated carrot and courgette! ...cooked up with haricot beans and piled into green peppers (ugh) then roasted it made interesting concoction but tasted OK.
Went out to sow another pot of sugar snaps and was just contemplating when a thwack sound made me look to see the snake dropped from the wall (or roof) and sliding away to behind the log pile... dont know who was most surprised! it turns out to be a grass snake but quite large - about 3 - 4 foot long. Scroll down to find him - this was taken a few days ago and seems to be a favourite place to sunbathe.
grass snake.jpg

cazimodo

Evening all. Been busy with the grandkids and trying to prevent Ziggy from making herself bald, so not had much time for anything else over the last couple of days.

The new morning out time routine, and keeping them separate during the day, does seem to be helpful. Actually watched Zigs playing with a preening toy I bought her for a good while this morning, snipping it instead of herself. We will get her checked out at the vets on Thursday irrespective though.

Grandkids go home tomorrow and as noisy as the house is when they are here (including very loud screeching for the first day or so until the birds get used to the boys again), I shall miss having them around again. Will need to get them back in a couple of weeks again.

Have a lovely evening everybody.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Michael Reynolds

i hope Nigel is recovering as he certainly missed, just had an update from shirly she has been diagnosed with a blood clot in her lung and will be given treatment for it, unfortunatly she is in quite a lot of pain, as far as the C they belive it has gone from its original place and she now has to go next month to check it has not spread to any other place, My thoughts and love are with you stay strong and possative. i got a new flock member today its a lovely parrot but i do not have a name yet,IMG_0359.JPG I would love to know how old it is and what country it may of been made in, i have never seen any thing like it, the head comes off to srore something in it. i will have to keep it well away from the flock

Top Bottom