1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday 1st April

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

I have been racking my brains for over an hour to pull off an April Fool Joke and can't think of bugger all so it seems you are clear for this year. Its a dry morning here and there should be a reasonable amount of sun today with no rain forecast. Hopefully it lasts as I can feel a day of work coming on. Its not cold at all, for me its fine but at a daytime temp of 12c perhaps that is a little cool for normal people.

The birds are just being birds this morning, squawking at most things that go on outside. No excess noise for once. They really are quiet during the night and I hardly ever hear them. The Goldfinches are up and about feeding on the Niger seeds, they do about one feeder a day, I must have the fattest birds around here.

Its getting boring eating Cottage Pie most days but I am at least getting the nutrition that I should be getting. Coupled with the carbs in the form of pasta and the yoghurts etc for desserts I think I am eating very healthily. I do have one glass at least a day of fresh squeezed fruit juice as well. I have to go out first of all to collect a repeat prescription then when I get home it could be a day of work, we'll see if the forecast is accurate.

Have a Great Monday Everyone, if you are not feeling too good relax, take it easy and think of your health.

Cheers

Nigel

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and DizzyBlue like this.
  2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Parliament is the biggest April Fool ....oh hang on that’s real :yikes:

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone, what a cold one, we have no heating and have had to switch hot water to the immersion heater.
    I noticed outside yesterday afternoon an overflowing flowing over so hubby had to haul himself into the loft and one of the tanks the ball cock was worn out, so long time spent syphoning that water out into buckets and me being the gopher coming down the stairs & emptying it outside (mucky water that circulates around the radiators so did not want it down the sink into septic tank), so today all rads are to be flushed through....and of course one job leads to another. Have got family coming at the weekend so hope its up & running by then. Also tomorrow all locals electricity is off in the morning for 'essential maintenance' on the power lines! so I shall be missing from here tomorrow for most of the day.

4. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Morning everyone, sunny but cool here all the animals are up and fed, the chickens ate sun bathing as is my lab on the patio. Luna has been out this morning and is going outside for the day in a sec. Think I might just be able to have breakfast now.

5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning every one its a chilly but sunny start to the day, took Jackie out for a early walk on her harness for a few hours across the fields but I will have to get the extension lead so she can fly further. its another study day today as it will not be long before I have to send the last part in. Birds are in fine singing voice today and a lot of flying back and forth from one room to the other. have a good day every one.

6. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

Hi all, it looks lovely and sunny outside but I don't know if it is warm. Roy has gone and got the flowers for my Grandad funeral tomorrow. I am doing my own arrangement so I will sort that out this evening. I will have to put the birds in their cages as I don't want them eating any and getting ill.
    I wanted to get a westie dog flower arrangement (my Grandad had a westie called Susie, he loved her a lot. He was a real animal lover. My Mum reckons that he passed that onto me. Him and me are the only real animal lovers in our family). But it was going to be nearly £200, so I am making my own arrangement with a westie dog amongst the flowers. I will post a photo when it is finished.

For weeks now Gizzie thinks my bed is his bed lol. So even when lights go out he will fly and sit on me and fall asleep. It takes ages to get him back. The other night he was on his cage for a change when Roy went to brush his teeth (I was fast asleep, this is what Roy told me) and apparently when he came back Gizzie was laying over my face.
    It was so funny the other day, he was on my pillow while I was messaging my Mum, and all of a sudden he literally jumped into my arms and he was shaking. I looked up and there was a dinosaur on the telly. He then started hissing at it. He is a real character.

7. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Afternoon peeps … well today was the first dental appointment of April … I have one a week for the entire month :(
    My head is splitting and my mouth feels like a hand grenade blow up in there …. had a drill clean done, a filling and three extractions and had a total of 9 injections into my gums this morning and can honestly say …. I wanna cry! If the phone rings FLIPPING TOUGH! Not answering.
    I want a coffee but face is still numb all the way up to my eyeballs so it ain't happening as lips don't work...Bill and Ben the flower pot men comes to mind speech wise! Can't say I will be eating today either …..
    Just taken some co-codamol and am now going to climb in a kitchen cupboard taking my duvet with me and hide in the dark for the rest of the day :confused:
    Whatever your up to today …. I will not be following suit! Stay safe and have a good one x

Ararajuba likes this.
  8. Stinkie

Stinkie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@DizzyBlue wow that's harsh that's a lot of work done in one go! Hope the injections wear out soon xx

9. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Owwwwwwxh...big gentle hugs DizzyBlue

10. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ouch I feel your pain and despair at visiting the dentist.

TomsMum likes this.
  11. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

Ouch! Send you a gentle hug. I hope pain eases soon xxx

TomsMum likes this.
  12. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Oh hope that by this evening thongs are feeling better! Healing thoughts for you.

Nigalius and TomsMum like this.
  13. Ararajuba

Ararajuba Regular Member

@DizzyBlue - Ouch! That dental assault sounds horrendous! I remember that when I had one surgical extraction done about three years ago, it took me several days to feel anywhere near better, or to be able to eat somewhat normally on the other side. I dread to think what all those damaged areas competing with each other at once for your attention must be like! I hope you start feeling better soon. :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Incidentally, that was a surgical extraction courtesy of a useless British dentist who had hollowed out my tooth like a cored apple several years before, then didn't finish the proceedure properly, so it broke rather spectacularly and suddenly at a later date, resulting in the tooth having to be fished out in little pieces as it couldn't even be pulled any more. My dentist here appears to have trouble believing how bad her British peers can be, or how hard it is to find decent treatment there that won't break the bank (especially if you don't have the fortune to be on an NHS list). Or, for that matter, that we weren't taught to floss in childhood - but I'm pretty sure that when I was little, most people I encountered hadn't even heard of flossing, and I was certainly never taught it. I remember asking around to try to find out what it was after seeing a poster at the dentists' telling me I ought be doing it, when I was about 12. I had never heard of the activity before! Or was that just me? :thinking:

TomsMum and Nigalius like this.
  14. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Thanks peeps …. they were only going to extract two but when taking one of them out the tooth next to it shattered so it had to be removed at the same time. This is not the first time this has happened to me I had to have all my wisdom teeth extracted as they all shattered at different times, shattering teeth is not new to me but bye hecky thump our kid dentist visits are the ultimate in scary people visiting!!
    My face feels like I have been hit with a baseball bat this morning. Drinking and eating is something that is not looking like it is going to be an activity I am going to wish to participate in for a bit. - but weight loss wouldn't show for a bit anyway lol. I have appointments at the dentist every week during the month of April …… for the first one to be like this …. I just want to run away!!! Ok so running at my age not advisable and likely not obtainable … but I will give it a ruddy good try!!!
    I know there are far worse things in this life than having a dental appointment or indeed a few extractions … but paying to have pain inflicted … is that seriously normal?????

TomsMum likes this.