1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday 17th July

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Jul 17, 2017 at 4:52 AM.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

Its a virtually cloudless sky here but I am not looking forward to this weather one bit. The forecast for today is total sun and temps up to 24c. I've put a few extra pepsi max in the fridge to be ready. Right now I feel normal (I know many wont connect me with normal) and dont know if my bug has cleared up, i'll just have to wait for the right moment to tell.

The birds are sleeping and unfortunately I dont think they will be going out today as it will be too hot. But I might get them out early before the sun gets too high.

Its still not safe for me to go out yet but yesterday I asked someone to get me a little shopping, like lots of salady stuff such as pork pies, scotch eggs, sliced meat and all the other things I will need and later I will dig up some fresh spuds to cook and have them cold. I have plenty of 10 cal jelly here and different low sugar toppings to make a few desserts. Then I am simply going to stay in all day. No one is gonna see me until the sun goes down. [​IMG]

Have a Great Monday Everyone

Cheers

Nigel

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning Nigel and everyone

Going to be a sunny one down here too apparently. Still no news from Youssous mum & dad on how far they have got brining their boat home, just hope they get back safely and before the storm due Wednesday.

Good to hear you are feeling much better Nigel.

At long last we have a few runner beans appearing, they seem very slow here this year.

Enjoy the day folks.

3. Beaky

Beaky Regular Member

Morning Nigel and Diana. Lovely clear morning here, forecast 23c and 25c tomorrow ending in storms.
    Off to dentist at midday to have my temp cap replaced with a crown then off to Daughters to do some work on the house and a play with Tally.
    Then all off for a balti, may have to go easy on the new crown,
    Spuds are great this year, picked a few first runner beans yesterday, crop not heavy as they were not watered enough during hols and flowers did not set but flowers are showing again now i have watered regularly again.
    Tomatoes are ripening each day in greenhouse and some raspberries are showing reddening.
    The old lady with a parrot down the road has had his claws clipped and he looks happy having pointing them out to her.
    That's all folks enjoy your day.

dianaT likes this.
  4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well Youssous mum & dad are back in 'The Haven' and should be in the marina later, they are tired out as travelled through the night to miss the possible storms that are coming.

5. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Glad they have had a safe trip DIana.

dianaT likes this.
  6. Ararajuba

Ararajuba Regular Member

Starting to warm up a bit here after being colder than the UK for most of the last month! We did have a quiet morning till about 11 AM, but then the mother-in-law phoned, and Dido (who had been a good birdy till this point) decided to show us what she thought of this by emitting a loud, constant scream of squawks, shouts, and various other unpleasant noises, like her volume control had suddenly malfunctioned and jammed on maximum. No-one could hear themselves think, let alone speak (it was so loud that Mrs A could barely hear her loud-voiced mother speaking, in a separate room with the door closed and the phone jammed to her ear), then baby L decided that since everyone else was being loud, she may as well join in too. So much for pyrrhura conures being quiet little things! I wonder whether Little Miss Screechy thought something like this: if Mummy runs to one thing that makes a loud noise, she will have to come running back to something that makes an even louder noise!

Kendra, dianaT and TomsMum like this.
  7. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Photobucket seems to no longer work? Says so update account or something to allow third party hosting

8. TomsMum

@Bob any ideas.....I noticed this message was appearing on Roz's signature where she usually has her photos of her birds

9. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

photobucket wants users to pay cash now in order to display images hosted by them. I wanted to share a video last week and discovered no longer able via them. need to find a replacement free hosting service

Bob, dianaT and TomsMum like this.
  10. Heather2131

Ah I thought so, sad times haha better find a new host

11. TomsMum

12. Bob

Bob Bird Whisperer Staff Member Admin

Yeah Photobucket has decided to charge everyone for hosting photos, all links will be broken on all sites, I have used Flickr for a while now :thumbsup:

13. Heather2131

Ah does that mean all my photos have disappeared! That's a shame for anyone viewing older threads with photos attached by photobucket

Bob likes this.
  14. Stinkie

Stinkie Regular Member

Imgur works really well and you don't need an account, it's just drag and drop.