1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday 15th April

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dianaT, Apr 15, 2019 at 8:09 AM.

1. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning, it is blowing a gale here and blew our new garden bench over, mind it's not the quality our old one was.
    Family all went home yesterday so house is very quiet but their spaniel is staying on until they come back next month and he is no trouble at all.
    Hope everyone has a good day and keep safe especially if you have this awful weather.

cazimodo likes this.
  2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning Diana and all who follow
    Bright sunshine and a clear blue sky here. Know what you mean about garden benches not being the same as they were. My last one was a B&Q nightmare lol fell to bits in no time and no amount of tightening it up and coating it in weather resistant stuff stopped it from rocking around like a fairground ride and it rotted where the bolts held it into the sides.
    Henni killed a large carboard box yesterday can't believe how much mess one little dinky grey can make looks like a bomb hit the bottom of her cage :yikes:

Kendra, cazimodo and dianaT like this.
  3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning Tasha and Diana, its a cold but sunny start but with a cold breeze, birds are in full voice this morning and so much flying around, nocking a few things on the floor. I have to go out today for a short while. had a problem with the heating yesterday and the night before but fixed it yesterday evening. I was quite concerned when ever Oliver was talking I could see his breath something I have never noticed before, put my emergency heater on to help warm up the place. I have another busy day and I also have to get some shopping as I have nearly run out of tea bags (I can't have that happen. have a better day than yesterday and I hope all that fill not well will get better soon

cazimodo and dianaT like this.
  4. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Morning all, dry and bright with a North Easterly breeze here. Garden benches here left behind by the previous owners are heavy cast iron things with wooden slats - wont get blown over but the slats are rotten - a job to be done by my husband - all in good time.
    Dora has worn herself out zooooming around the house - a good 20 metres each way as this place has rooms all in a row, then cleaned her pomegranaty beak in my hair, scattered muesli all over the place and in now snoozing on my knee..... have decided my catchphrase is "what a mess!"

Kendra, cazimodo, dianaT and 2 others like this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

I have all my flock out at the moment apart from the cockatiels and Alan I will get the out later. Buster is on me being a pain as he digs his claws in so hard. but I can understand the mess they can make when they go on there travels through out the rooms Wendy, now try to think what it is like with a flock like I have Ha Ha

6. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning Diana, Dizzy and all to follow...

The wind here is still SW and at times the gusts will probably be pretty strong. No rain is forecast but it is going to be windy this arvo and misty until tomorrow morning. Its not like the windy weather that Diana is getting though, mine is held down with 150 lts of garden compost and aint going nowhere.

The birds are fine and healthy as far as I can see but are in the cages at the moment as I am in and out having a tidy up and the door is wide open. Roxy is re-designing his currently 'fav' toy with all the felt and Nacho wants out but I have to check Nacho's cage threefold to make sure it is 100% safe as I dont want any mishaps.

I was up early this morning and although I felt a bit lousy while in bed when I got up I felt like a man possessed and wanted a good time in tidying up. So I have sorted the cages out, taken 4 bags of rubbish and 3 cartons to the bins trimmed my mint and no doubt will find more to do. All within sound of my new JBL speaker, haha. No Coffee and no Music = no work, simples. This next statement might be hard to believe but I dont have a Tesco delivery today, :risas3:

Have a Great Monday Everyone, only another 5 days to the Weekend, If you are unwell, Get Well Fast.

Cheers

Nigel

7. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Morning folks. Still very windy here too and the wind is cold. We live a few streets from the Forth, so the slightest breeze blows in cold. It's supposed to warm up throughout the week though (they are predicting 19 Degrees C by Saturday!) so here's hoping we can get outside finally and get the birds into some real sunshine for a change.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and dianaT like this.
  8. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Goodness that wind is chilly this morning. Came back from the hospital through the town and all the cheery tress blossom is out, so looks very pretty, not sure how long it will last though with the wind howling.

9. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

10. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Sounds like everyone has the wind, mine is freezing and @TomsMum knocking the cherry blossom off the tree, suppose the apple buds will be next or are they not due out yet? My feet are cold, suppose I could put some socks or slippers on.

Everyone quiet which worries me, Lucy shredded about 8 feathers last night which seems a lot even though she is moulting, she knows things are not right and I hope it does not affect her too much. Will have to look in the book to see if there is anything I can give her toy wise, to take her mind off things. Any ideas @Michael Reynolds ?

11. Michael Reynolds

I will try to give more things for her to chew to keep her more occupied and give her extra spays to ease any irritation @Kendra

Kendra likes this.
  12. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

That is the problem @Michael Reynolds , she does not chew. She likes to take a piece out of my mop handle when I am mopping or tear up some kitchen roll, but is soon over and that is about it. Only things that seems to occupy her for over 1 minute are nuts wrapped up, but I am sure she is having too many nuts anyway.

13. Michael Reynolds

I wonder if a mop head is safe? the plain white disposably type, they are normally a type of soft cloth and just thinking can they be hung in a cage *a bit like the octopus toy that Scarlett's sold. @DizzyBlue @TomsMum any ideas.

Kendra likes this.
  14. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

No idea... I guess it depends what it is made of...

15. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I thought it was the mop handle that gets chewed not the mop head? The handles are often wood.

TomsMum and Kendra like this.
  16. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

@dianaT Yes it is the handle, but I have heard of mop heads doing wonders for plucked birds etc.

When she came she had a "thingy" not sure how to describe it, but long pieces of cloth which Ok she loved, in fact she loved it too much and I had to remove it, now I feel cruel but it was for the best.

She has been with me this afternoon, had cuddles and the rest, when we move things will be different for her, I have never heard of a house move that has taken so damn long.

Tomorrow she will be having a bath, you were correct @Michael Reynolds she does feel to have a large amount of pins, so she can have a soak and another cuddle (when she has dried)

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  17. Michael Reynolds

you can make up a toy by hanging strips of cloth down and see if this will help, it should be placed above a perch so it can get underneath it

Kendra likes this.