Monday 13th January

Michael Reynolds

Good morning Diana and all that follow. I hope you manage to breeze down to the shops and back and the only thing that blows is your money Diane, Sunny out side and calm at the moment. birds out side are more quiet this morning, even my flock are not shouting just the chirp's and whistles. Canaries are on eggs and laying in the feeding bowl, Poppy is calling me all the time, have to go out later for supplies but just the essentials. I hope you all stay safe and have a great day.

Michael Reynolds

I just remembered when I first went back to get the results of the scans for my cancer, the surgeon had to break the bad news, so they always start with the positive side, well he started to say what areas showed no signs of cancer, his words when he talked about the head is that I have nothing showing inside the head, my immediate reply was, "I have known that for years" I also asked if they can x-ray my little toe to see if I had some type of brain

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

No sign of a Brendan type wind here but it is breezier than usual, however the sun is out and I have cleared some upstairs guttering of dead leaves - I am always telling my husband that as a short arse the helping hand (long reach tool) IS useful and was able to lean out of the windows upstairs and use it to pull leaves and stuff towards where I could reach it and chuck it down to the ground.
No hunting dogs around today so we can go outside later but I think Dora might need her little cage in the "mini greenhouse" to keep the wind off her.

Attachments

KateA

Hi all.
Grey and cold here.
Went to antique/ secondhand shop with the neighbors. They found some nice bits. They had a good selection of everything.
Rob one an auction on eBay and treated himself to a turntable. We are all listening to Paul young and Cash is dancing like mad. I think he likes it.
My eye started aching a little yesterday in the cinema.
The eye lid is a bit swollen. Not sure what it is as never really had anything like it.
Hope it goes away before holiday as I'd like to look human when away.
Take it easy all. X

Eddie

Registered
Paul Young was my hero when I was growing up... my parents endured each album on cassette back to back on a holiday to France and back! I have met him a few times now as part of our filming at the studios... still think he is wonderful! Had a Roy Orbison tribute band in today and they are also in for the next few days too so will be busy with work, the 3 dogs, my wonderful Eddie and Gypsy. If I don’t check in, please excuse me! X

Michael Reynolds

I hope your eye will soon get better Kate. it was a sad day when Roy Orbison passed away, I went to see him on tour just before he passed away. I hope you are keeping safe the winds are building up in Kent

KateA

I hope your eye will soon get better Kate. it was a sad day when Roy Orbison passed away, I went to see him on tour just before he passed away. I hope you are keeping safe the winds are building up in Kent
Thank you. I hope so too.
Most women would like big eyes. I started with one just for now.😅😂😜

KateA

Paul Young was my hero when I was growing up... my parents endured each album on cassette back to back on a holiday to France and back! I have met him a few times now as part of our filming at the studios... still think he is wonderful! Had a Roy Orbison tribute band in today and they are also in for the next few days too so will be busy with work, the 3 dogs, my wonderful Eddie and Gypsy. If I don’t check in, please excuse me! X
My dad played him quite a bit too.
He has a very unique voice. Roy Orbison i Will need to brush up on as from a way before my era. I was a teen in 90ties.

dianaT

Staff member
Love Roy Orbisons music, we also have seen a tribute band.
Many many years ago in hubbys late teens he worked at the Granada, Tooting, London where they had many stage shows one of them being Roy, so hubby met him when setting up the stage, also the Beatles and many others, but back then never thought to get the programmes signed!

Top Bottom