1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday 10th June 2019

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wendy Cooper-Wolfe, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Hello everyone, I understand the UK is chilly and wet (husband in Kent says the heating came on this morning!) - its mild and not very inspiring out there today so will crack on with decorating this morning - also going to bottle cherries and, despite the chickens thinking the rockery is their fave new place will attempt to plant some more succulents.
    Thinking of people and birds that are unwell and especially sending healing thoughts to Nigel.

cazimodo, dianaT and Michael Reynolds like this.
  2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good Morning all, Was out last night looking for a B&G, herd its call but no sighting, was out this morning at 4am its still local but only called once and i was in a field quite away from it, going out again soon again to get soaked but with this rain i do not think it will fly much. its on the local facebook group and i have put it on pets located just getting some posters printed,

cazimodo likes this.
  3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning, a dull damp one here with rain forecast all week.

cazimodo likes this.
  4. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Dull, dark, miserable day here in Lincs. Birds quiet, very quiet, must be the weather. I have to stay in all blooming day waiting for a delivery, just not on, they could at least say morning or afternoon.

Talking of microchipping parrots, I had completely forgotten Lucy was chipped until it was mentioned on here, it was an exceedingly quick process when it was done. Lucy hated the vet but that was only to be expected. When Lucy and I see other people's beautiful B&G parrots, their perfect and complete feathers, we do become upset, poor Lucy is half bald and a tatty tail. I did hope she would re-feather when she came but it has not been so, we love her just the same.

5. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Its what
    It is whats on the inside of the feathers that counts.

6. Michael Reynolds

Managed to locate the B&G, in a tree not too high but the tree was on the other side of a stream, got a ladder and climbed up the ladder was near the edge of the stream, once i got near her she came to me, well she is reunited and only wet, Me well i could poor the water out from my shoes, I cannot remember getting so soaked, ripped the side of my trousers on bard wire got pricked and scratched by brambles climbed many a fence, fell into horse manuer and stinging nettles, got covered in mud but by the time i got her most of the mud got washed off by the rain and why did this happen. Adventurer Harness gave way at the wrist strap., there is a metal clip that failed to hold the end of the expanding lead.

7. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Oh dear @Michael Reynolds you were lucky not injured. Well done for rescuing the B&G.

cazimodo likes this.
  8. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Well done indeed Michael

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

9. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Yes, well done - sounds a nightmare for you, but thank goodness you are committed to the rescue.

10. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Oh Michael, what a day for you but you will look back and laugh, I hope, when you are stitching up your trousers.

11. Michael Reynolds

i do not think it could of been a wetter day, so many people was looking from around the area, all comming out and gaetting soaked, met a few other parrot owners that live quite local. one good thing is that i slept well for six hours,

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and Kendra like this.
  12. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

@Michael Reynolds I went out looking for my dog, mistake. I was soaked through to the skin, no dog of course. Just moved here and the place is experiencing floods, we are OK though.

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  13. Michael Reynolds

Kent got hit very bad with the weather yesterday, dry all day today , tipical

14. Michael Reynolds

I hope some one took it in its so hard not knowing

15. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

No one will have taken her in, they would not get near her, she is autistic and will have to be trapped, 2 sightings near so hopeful.

16. Michael Reynolds

Wish you luck in finding her, will she come to you if she sees you