1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max And Gromit

Discussion in 'Non Parrot Media' started by dianaT, Aug 16, 2019.

1. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The two Springers, as you know Max is ours (now 9 yrs old) and Gromit is daughters here on hols. Although he came from Pembrokeshire so 2 Pembrokeshire Spaniels. Arthur hid did not want his photo taken shame as would like to snap all 3 together.

spaniels.jpg

2. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Beautiful boys @dianaT - come on Arthur 'say cheese!' :)

dianaT likes this.
  3. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

I just want to cuddle them

dianaT likes this.
  4. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

they are lovely Diana

dianaT likes this.
  5. dianaT

Thanks everyone, none of them like this rain, I said do you want to go out boys, they get all excited I open the door and they look out & go back to bed!

6. They're gorgeous! Don't blame them about the rain though, I took Gary outside before to see what he would do and he made a quick hop back inside . I try to explain to him that his family was from the rain forest haha.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

dianaT likes this.
  7. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

they have beautiful eyes.

dianaT likes this.
  8. Yellowchickenparrot

Wish my two would not want to go out in the rain. 20190816_185624(1).jpg

9. Michael Reynolds

I think you meant you wish they did not come back in the home wet and muddy :risas3::risas3:

10. dianaT

That wet dog smell eh!!!

11. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

more worried about Diana's not wanting to go out in the rain! We used to have springers they were working dogs not pets though and loved nothing more than getting wet and muddy. Springers are mad as a bottle of frogs love what my dad used to call "the fluffy top knot" those tufts on the top of the head that seem to grow long and whispery :)
    Their ears are a flipping nightmare though with the amount of hair inside always seemed to get seeds stuck in them or those ruddy sticky little round thistle heads we used to clip the inner ears to keep the hair short in there to stop hassle with things getting stuck in there and vet visits to have them removed.

dianaT likes this.
  12. dianaT

My vet describes Springers as having 4 dogs in one!

13. Michael Reynolds

that because each one springs up everywhere

Kendra likes this.
  14. dianaT

Well we had an unplanned visit to the vet this morning.
    While giving Max a fuss this morning I found the usual clumps of fur had gathered behind his Spaniel ears, sometimes they brush out other times need trimming. Apparently son in law found a clump the other day and got the scissors to snip most out, fair enough, but he had cut into Maxs ear & never said what he thought he'd done! So today I found a nasty weeping area and a rather large piece of ear cut into. Poor poor Max. Daughter came with me and one of the vets on duty was excellent, carefully cleaned around and with the clipper removed all the fur and the piece of cut ear came away on the fur - about the size of a 10p. Luckily my daughter helped me with hold him still while it was dealt with, cleaned etc . He now has antibiotics, Loxicom,Hibiscrub and goes back next week.
    Needless to say daughter gave her hubby an ear bashing (rightly so). Max however is still full of beans & raring to go, but not allowed in the fields or long grasses until it is healed over. And daughter treated him to a very nice harness as had been thinking of getting hm one for sometime.

15. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Poor Max! Son-in-law now officially banned from grooming I hope :nono: sounds like the dog house for him. Ok so not deliberate but flipping heck dare say Max would have reacted to it lets face it nobody is going to sit still for that. :yikes:
    Max sweetie you can milk this one for all its worth and get heaps of treats just by flashing those sad eyes :naughty2:

Kendra and dianaT like this.
  16. Get well soon Max

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

17. Yellowchickenparrot

18. dianaT

Thanks. He's full of beans just like Springers are, he's had antibiotics this morning and ear area bathed - it not the actual ear itself but that piece just behind it where the clumps of fur often gather & get knotted. Looks very red & sore though.

19. Michael Reynolds

Max will soon be healed with your care Diana

dianaT likes this.
  20. dianaT