1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making A Play Stand?

Discussion in 'Parrot Entertainment' started by Rhys1992, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Rhys1992

Rhys1992 Regular Member Registered

Sorry for yet another question lol. I'm looking at making a play stand. I was wondering is it safe to use 2x2 I brought from bnq and some decking. This Is purely for the base/stand?

2. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Anything that's treated is toxic so decking is not a good idea even for a stand as they could chew on it. 2x2 if untreated pine is ok I think but hopefully someone will confirm that.

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I too believe untreated is okay but I made my own using natural branches, I used Hazel, but apple, willow too are safe to use. There is a list on the forum of safe wood. I made a table top one but you can make floor standing or indeed any size. I then hang various toys from it too.
    stickstand.jpg

Rhys1992 and DizzyBlue like this.
  4. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Yup anything treated needs to be stayed well away from even as a base they can end up chewing it better to go natural :)

Rhys1992 likes this.
  5. Rhys1992

Brilliant thank you. My original plan was buy a metal one but when I approached the idea I think the wife was going to ring my neck she said I've spent to much over the last 6 weeks will have a look at making a natural one or just buy one when I'm on my own lol

6. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

I built a table stand, on my own, by myself. Hid the wood, think it was willow, under my jacket, I had borrowed it form a farmer after a storm, all extra I need were the metal bits and a strong board to mount it on.
    If I can do it so can anyone. Have been trying to include a photo but for some reason I can't, t
    here is a photo on the site somewhere

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  7. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Michael Reynolds and Rhys1992 like this.
  8. Rhys1992