Macaw wanted

Lifeaddict

Registered
Hi,
I am an animal enthusiast who wants to get a macaw, but over trying 2 weeks I’ve just been getting 75% scammers with google images sent to me. 5% over priced birds, and 20% people who aren’t really sure if they want to sell the bird the placed or are not responding. I have years of experience, looking after snakes gpigs rabbits cockroaches rats dogs worms fishes wood lice love birds budgies and More . currently have 2 Indian ring necks, 2 lovely cats and 3 baby long tail asil birds (a type of chicekn mixed with parrot and eagle) can anyone help thank you. I don’t mind paying if price is right

Michael Reynolds

Hello and welcome. sounds like you have a bit of a zoo going on at your home, it may help if yo can give an idea of what part of the country you are in and also what species of macaw you are looking for. well you have my favorite of the parrot world and that's the Ringnecks, my zoo range from Macaws to canaries. not forgetting the spiders, fly's a few nits in my head and I must of opened my wallet I I am being pestered by a few moth's as I am typing, will love to see photos of your zoo, have you tried going through the parrot society?

Lifeaddict

Registered
😂, yes it’s like a zoo. I’m located in London. I have tried locating an appropriate parrot society but for some reason ended up to be a scam. If you could educate me on societies that would be awesome. I have uploaded some picture on my insta @the_lifeaddict

Lifeaddict

Registered
Hello and welcome. sounds like you have a bit of a zoo going on at your home, it may help if yo can give an idea of what part of the country you are in and also what species of macaw you are looking for. well you have my favorite of the parrot world and that's the Ringnecks, my zoo range from Macaws to canaries. not forgetting the spiders, fly's a few nits in my head and I must of opened my wallet I I am being pestered by a few moth's as I am typing, will love to see photos of your zoo, have you tried going through the parrot society?
Golden blue or mabe a red

Lifeaddict

Registered
I’m also going to build a massive aviary in my back garden soon. Walk in and double doored.

Lifeaddict

Registered
And it’s very sick that so many sellers (scammers) always try to put in some upsetting story about how x person has cancer or moving out and can u assure the birds health. But then they don’t send videos or any proof of bird. And I reverse search images and it’s from google. Eg a person was selling me a macaw called Pepe. I researched the image on google and found its actual name was Alex and he had passed away in 2007...

Michael Reynolds

the problem is there will always be people trying to take advantage of others, IMG_0851.JPGIMG_0850.JPGIMG_0548.JPG I am pleased you are a wear of the many scams out there, when it comes to the Blue and Gold or the green winged you have to be so carful. the pattern on each of there faces is unique to that bird, this can also help if a seller shows a young bird saying it was the bird they had brought up and a later photo and the face pattern is differant.

Lifeaddict

Registered
the problem is there will always be people trying to take advantage of others, View attachment 29512View attachment 29513View attachment 29514 I am pleased you are a wear of the many scams out there, when it comes to the Blue and Gold or the green winged you have to be so carful. the pattern on each of there faces is unique to that bird, this can also help if a seller shows a young bird saying it was the bird they had brought up and a later photo and the face pattern is differant.
Thank you, I never knew that. So it’s like a finger print ?

Lifeaddict

Registered
the problem is there will always be people trying to take advantage of others, View attachment 29512View attachment 29513View attachment 29514 I am pleased you are a wear of the many scams out there, when it comes to the Blue and Gold or the green winged you have to be so carful. the pattern on each of there faces is unique to that bird, this can also help if a seller shows a young bird saying it was the bird they had brought up and a later photo and the face pattern is differant.
Very beautiful birds.

Michael Reynolds

Going through the parrot society is normally safe, well London is not far from me, the problem with the lockdown is I do not know what breeders have what birds for sale around our area. yes the face is just like a fingerprint and has been proof of a bird was stolen in court.

Attachments

Lifeaddict

Registered
Going through the parrot society is normally safe, well London is not far from me, the problem with the lockdown is I do not know what breeders have what birds for sale around our area. yes the face is just like a fingerprint and has been proof of a bird was stolen in court.
Yeh I think because of lockdown a lot of breeders arnt selling yet until 2-3 weeks. I would wait tbh as I don’t want to rush getting a bird that could risk my health or the birds health.

Top Bottom