1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macaw Egg

Discussion in 'Pet Shops' started by Juwan Ferlis, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Juwan Ferlis

Juwan Ferlis Registered

Hallo I am Juwan Ferlis from Indonesia/Bali island. please give me information who sells macaw bird eggs and can send it to my country? thank you.

2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

We do not encourage such things on this forum - also you should note that many macaw species are covered by CITES regulations.

JessCheekyMia likes this.
  3. Juwan Ferlis

Juwan Ferlis Registered

yes, i know, i want to buy from licensed seller. you can give me information?

4. CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy Regular Member

There are no licensed sellers as this is illegal in the country this forum is based.

JessCheekyMia and TomsMum like this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Hello I have answered your other post but I would have to say there are plenty of people making money from pretending to sell eggs of parrots so be carful when buying eggs from other countries. as said I cannot help in you quest as it is not a legal act in the UK

dianaT likes this.
  6. Juwan Ferlis

Juwan Ferlis Registered

thank you very much Mr for your information.

dianaT likes this.
  7. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Welcome to the forum
    Just to add in case you decide to ignore our advice please remember the above words of advice and also that if a fertile egg is shaken a lot then it will not develop into a chick anyway so sending them in the post and on airplanes etc really reduces any chance of having a chick from the egg.
    If incubation temperatures are not correct then you can end up with a deformed chick or not have a chick at all.
    Also if you buy an egg how would you ensure who you bought it from didn't illegally get it from the wild and if they say that it is from an aviary nest that it is actually fertile.
    How about if you really really really must have a parrot then you look at the different species that would be suitable to live with you and your family choose one that personality wise would fit in better and then get in touch with any rehoming and rescue places you can and put your name forward as wishing to adopt. Remember though just because you like the parrot does not mean that he or she will like you.