1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lou Lou's New Cage

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Kendra, May 19, 2017.

1. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

I really do not know why I am posting this, except for a moan and grumble.

The Cage came this afternoon and of course it was left outside, do not trust anyone to bring things inside with the birds. I thought I could open the boxes and carry each piece separately, they are heavy, very heavy. So I stacked a couple up at the wall and as I put the 3rd part on, cage font, they slipped a bit, I looked and found a huge dent on the bottom rung of the cage front and the left hand leg is bent in about 4 cm. I though that took a band to bend that far, but presumed it was my fault.

After cooling down for a while I went to try and straighten things out and cover till I was in a better mood to decide what to do. I took the final piece from box 1, cage back and found a bar at the top badly bent and a dent on the curved top, that certainly was not me. So it looks like my little accident had nothing to do with the damage, the cage has somehow received a mighty thump with a sharp corner to bend the way it has and as there are no signs of damage on the box one can only presume it was packed this way.

Now I have a lovely big expensive bust cage. I am hoping to get the bent bits back to a reasonable shape so it may be usable.

I am sick of this world and the people who inhabit it, no one seems to be honest these days.

2. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

Oh thats so disappointing. just a thought can you take pics of the damage and the box and contact the seller. you shouldnt have to keep something thats broken when you received it. I feel the same, people dont seem to care.

Shirley and Kendra like this.
  3. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

I was writing an email to the seller, they are in Germany, when the electricity cut off, just been looking for the razor blades.

4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They've got it in for you up there !

5. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

Aww Kendra you could do with a lot better look hunni do hope they replace it asp .x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Oh Kendra this is quite annoying but it is a sad state for a cage to be damaged so bad. the problem can be from any were where it had to be moved from but it should of been checked before the original sender sent it. I do wish that they will replace it. I look at thing as if life was meant to be easy then we would be about the age of three forever. well my clutch has just gone on my car but managed to get it home just. but know trying to work out how I will get to work tomorrow.

7. Stinkie

Stinkie Regular Member

I'm sure they're replace the damaged bits x

8. marley

marley Regular Member

Hope they sort it quickly for you, remember that paypal/credit card people will step in if needed. Did you order through amazon or direct as they may help as well if you have issues. Good luck

9. CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy Regular Member

I had the same issue with a cage I got from Zooplus years ago. It was that bad it was actually missing a whole panel and they did eventually send a replacement (after offering me about a tenner and telling me to source it myself!) Second cage came and I had to take parts from each one to make a decent cage.

You have to fight your corner and don't back down on a complete replacement.

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  10. Kerin

Kerin Regular Member

I'm sorry to hear this hun, sometimes it does feel as though the entire world has become very dishonest doesn't it! Hopefully though they will be as upset as you and send you a replacement cage, or replacement parts for those damaged. It is a right pain when things like this happen, so I hope they resolve it for you with minimum fuss xx

11. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Trying some piccis of damage, keep your fingers crossed they come through. I have sent these to the supplier, see what they have to say.

If these work I will be able to post some of my flock starting with Lou Lou :)

Attached Files:

12. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Whaayyyhey! it's worked :) :) :)

(Mind you I have spent all day trying to work out the camera, but don't tell anyone please)

Shirley likes this.
  13. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Goodness that must have been quite a thump to end up with that much damage....hope you get it sorted out soon Kendra...

Ooooo...now we can have Morven flock piccies :applaudit:

Kendra likes this.
  14. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I agree it must have received quite a bash to get those dents after all its a hefty cage. Hope you get a positive response from the seller.
    Don't forget if you paid by credit card or Paypal you have a comeback, and if it was via Ebay/Amazon too.

Kendra likes this.
  15. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Thank you, I understand and return is very difficult with the size and weight, hoping they will replace these panels.

16. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

You want the whole new cage Kendra the may even say keep that one as well as it would cost them alot to send it back pluss they cant do much with it so you may end up with spears fingers crossed .x

Kendra likes this.
  17. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Have been offered 50% reduction or replace the parts, not sure what to do. Her present cage will be going on Monday and doubt if the parts would be here by then, OH can straighten the leg but it is still a broken cage, why is nothing simple?

18. CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy Regular Member

I had Zooplus try something similar with me offering me a bit of money back to find the parts myself.

Stand your ground. The item is not fit for purpose and you are fully entitled to a refund or a replacement.

Tell them you expect a complete replacement of the whole cage and only once you have a fully functional cage will you be returning the broken one.

bikergirl Carol, Kerin and TomsMum like this.
  19. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

I would personally demand a new cage Kendra just my apion hun you have paid so why pay more you shouldn't have to .

20. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

I am afraid I have accepted the 50%. David has managed to straighten the bendy bits but the paint is off, the problem is with living so remote it is difficult to return anything let alone a huge cage, never thought I could have ended up with one and spares, hmm shame, a bit late now though. David will be off again next Monday with the old cage returning no idea.

Just another lump of bad luck that seems to stick to me like glue.