Lou Lou update :-(

Loulouuk

Registered
Well what a week we have had found out we had a rescue Birdy. Cockatoo Gutted she was from a breading garage. :( was quite nasty
We tried are best v best. But it was just so hard she had no feathers at the back because of being breading:(
So we did a trade with a man 👨 who let us have a baby African Grey baby
New baby is gorgeous. But named her daisy.
I’ll post pictures new baby x baby has a ring on her leg thank god and got papers
X

Attachments

dianaT

Staff member
Oh dear welcome to Daisy, but where has the poor Too gone, surely not for more breeding she deserves a much better and kinder life. No wonder she bit you, sometimes after a likely horrendous life they need a nice quiet loving home who accepts them as they are. it rather like someone taking on a rescue dog from what was a puppy farm, you love them and make their lives better.

dianaT

Staff member
So long as she is well cared for and you feel happy with that.
How old is Daisy she looks young.

dianaT

Staff member
Bless her so young. Is she fully weaned . Don't know whether you've had a chick before but they do have lots of naps.

Loulouuk

Registered
Hi Diane she not fully yet . She up in the bedroom having a sleep 💤 ( nap 😴)
Had a little walk this morning after her breakfast now fast a sleep with her teddy.. x

Michael Reynolds

I am sorry you found Lou Lou difficult to get to know you, I will admit I would of loved the challenge of training her. I hope the new keeper will have the patients to get the best from her. Hello Daisy

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Not all breeders are "bad" breeders and not all take birds on to breed from them
If that Too was an aviary bird then it should never have ended up in a pet home anyway and going back out to an aviary environment where there is less stress at having to interact with humans is in the birds best interests/
Some breeders do see beyond money and do take on birds that need experienced people to look after them and also take them on to be in aviaries without breeding.
Please let us not assume the worst nor judge without having all the facts
Daisy looks lovely :) and that is a sweet name

Loulouuk

Registered
Not all breeders are "bad" breeders and not all take birds on to breed from them
If that Too was an aviary bird then it should never have ended up in a pet home anyway and going back out to an aviary environment where there is less stress at having to interact with humans is in the birds best interests/
Some breeders do see beyond money and do take on birds that need experienced people to look after them and also take them on to be in aviaries without breeding.
Please let us not assume the worst nor judge without having all the facts
Daisy looks lovely :) and that is a sweet name

Thank you 😊 you made me feel better now x
Daisy is coming along well
Still like having a little baby 🍼 😻 I’m up at 7am for her breakfast free. Then 1pm then about 7 pm weening food . X

Loulouuk

Registered
Hi everyone that’s my xmas present 🎁 bought a new cage for baby daisy of my hubby it’s coming Monday :)

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Remember when you give her the feeds to make sure she is nice and clean afterwards just a little damp cotton wool balls to make sure it doesn't get stuck anywhere in her feathers etc as baby food for parrots always seems to set like flipping concrete!

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Other thing to do now is also when your offering her seed as she needs to learn to be weaned on to it is to make sure you offer lots of fruit and veggies at this time so she gets to have a good balanced diet :)
I totally hate broccoli its the plant of the devil but its very nutritious for birds so I make sure that they get fresh tender stem broccoli in their diet … regardless of me hating it lots of things like sweet potato carrots dark leafy veggies like kale lots of fruits too :) introduce things by you eating them and then offering them for her to try/ Buy your self some of those little fruit selection pots (no sweeteners or added sugars though!)

Loulouuk

Registered
thank you I love my vegetables but not kayle
I’ve offered her mango 🥭 but not sure of it yet . I do her tidy up as I say lol 😂 wet / damp sponge only used for her. Was bum m tummy and then wash 🧼 then little face x

Top Bottom