1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For Scottish Breeder Of African Greys

Discussion in 'Parrot Breeders' started by Lillian Thomson, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Lillian Thomson

Lillian Thomson Registered

I am new to the forums been looking for an african grey breeder in scotland around the central belt. Struggling to find any, does anyone have advice

2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Lillian Thomson and dianaT like this.
  3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: from me too.
    I wonder whether @Nigalius or @Kendra may know of someone but they are far east and far west. Good idea maybe to join the Parrot Society.:thumbsup:

Lillian Thomson likes this.
  4. Lillian Thomson

Thank you for the help ladies i shall join that site tonight.. would even be happy to rehome an older bird too. Have rhuematoid arthritis and spend all day home. Already bought a large stand and a large cage given it plemty consideration. Now cant find a bird for love nor money

5. dianaT

I am sure you will find one shortly and maybe even a rehome, although it may not be a Grey , there are so many birds in need of good homes.

6. Lillian Thomson

Thanks will keep on hunting hope something good happens if its a rehome who needs some love and some therapy sessions we can share the settee :)

7. TomsMum

8. dianaT

You can join the Parrot Society on line its about £22 a year and you receive a monthly mag where breeders advertise.

9. Lillian Thomson

Fabulous will join the parrot society what else do the magazines include and thank you for the web page details may be a bit far north for me but will certainly have a look :)

10. TomsMum

Articles in the magazine...also adds from PS member Breeders and others

11. Lillian Thomson

Any advice on great sites to read through where i can find advice about training best foods etc. I really like to prepare as well as i can.

12. TomsMum

Here :pancarta:

If you go to the Caring for our feathered friends section.....you'll find lots of different sub sections - Health, food and diet, housing, environmental hazards...etc.... and at the start of most some pinned topics giving key info. Out forum nominated trainer Roz, has done some great posts in our Training section.
    We're a friendly bunch here so if ther's anything you're not sure of just ask.

13. Lillian Thomson

Thanks still not completely got the hamg of the site yet. Sure i will find everything over the next few days. But its good to know everyone is friendly and so much help and support is available.. im humble enough to know i will need lots of advice no matter what breed i end up with. X

TomsMum likes this.
  14. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

I am afraid I do not know of any African Grey breeders in this wood of the necks (pse ignore me as I am sometimes a little crazy) @Lillian Thomson but will keep my ears open.

I have thought of one other thing though. You said you have already bought a cage. Please bear in mind the bar spacing as if the cage you have is suitable for a grey the bar spacing might be too big for a much smaller bird?

15. Lillian Thomson

Very good point would like to buy or rehome one of the larger breeds a grey a cockatoo or a macaw