1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For...green Cheek Conure

Discussion in 'Parrot Breeders' started by Coral, May 16, 2017.

1. Coral

Coral Registered

Hi all :wave:

From end of June/beginning of July onward I'll looking for a hand-reared (preferably tame) baby GCC. I'm based in the North West (Southport) but willing to travel for the right bird! Does anyone have any recommendations for breeders or pet shops?

Thanks!

2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi Coral and :welcome: to the forum. Have you kept parrots before?

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: from me and my flock too.
    Some members may be able to recommend a breeder, but of course not everyone is on here every day, so keep checking in.
    As has been asked with this be your first parrot.....and we shall want photos when you do have one :biggrin:

4. Coral

Coral Registered

Thanks for the warm welcome :) I have experience with budgies and cockatiels, but yes this will be my first parrot. I've done my research and spent some time with green cheeks so I'm sure that this is the bird for me!
    That's great, I'll keep checking... and I'll definitely send photos! :budgie:

dianaT and Heather2131 like this.
  5. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You may like to contact The Parrot Society they have a monthly mag you can subscribe to and breeders of all types of parrots across the UK advertise.
    If you Google them you will find out more.

6. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

JessCheekyMia, dianaT and K8 like this.
  7. K8

K8 Regular Member

Hi. Yes got chicks. Looks like two are defo like mum Connie a Yellow sided green cheek conure. Dad Allen is a pineapple.
    Am in North Wales. @Coral
    They where born middle of April.

dianaT and DizzyBlue like this.
  8. Coral

Coral Registered

@DizzyBlue it's such a shame Ipswich is a 5hr drive (on a good day) from me, she looks adorable!
    @K8 I'm still getting used to the forum so can't figure out how to pm you :thinking:, would it be okay to email through your business address?

9. K8

K8 Regular Member

Yes that's fine @Coral and we can have a chat. There is a thread on here 'Connie and Allen with chicks' you can see photos of parents and chicks. I can also send new ones now, as they have some colour, and look a bit more like birds, lol.

dianaT, Coral and TomsMum like this.
  10. Coral

Coral Registered

Thanks @K8, I've sent you an email :)

K8 likes this.
  11. K8

K8 Regular Member

I have got email will answer as soon as get a moment @Coral thanks