Looking For A Holiday Friend! - Lanarkshire Area/glasgow

Condor

Hello there,

My best feathered friend Nico IMG-20151115-WA002.jpg Nico.jpg Nico2.jpg is looking for a holiday buddy when I'm away. So far we have been using holiday boarding homes when required (not ideal).

Is there someone in the same situation around Lanarkshire (north & south) & Glasgow?

Many thanks,

Tom

dianaT

Staff member
Hi, Aww Nico looks a lovely bird.
I am unsure how many members we have in your area, but maybe @cazimodo may know of someone I thinkshe is around your neck of the woods. Also have you asked your vet if they know of anyone.

cazimodo

Hi Nico. Your wee guy is lovely [emoji847] I live in Kincardine, but I really don't know anyone else around the central belt with parrots I'm afraid. I know they exist, 'cos we bump into bird people all the time at the vets, but no idea where they all are. I can't offer myself either as my wee girl Ziggy is a plucker and any changes are too upsetting for her right now.

I hope you manage to find someone though. We just don't go on holidays anymore as there is nobody we trust to look after the birds properly. [emoji848]

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Condor

Hi Nico. Your wee guy is lovely [emoji847] I live in Kincardine, but I really don't know anyone else around the central belt with parrots I'm afraid. I know they exist, 'cos we bump into bird people all the time at the vets, but no idea where they all are. I can't offer myself either as my wee girl Ziggy is a plucker and any changes are too upsetting for her right now.

I hope you manage to find someone though. We just don't go on holidays anymore as there is nobody we trust to look after the birds properly. [emoji848]

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
Thanks guys, I haven't actually spoke to my vet about it yet, will do next time as he might suggest someone. It's not easy to find someone you can trust with your bird :). Nico is thankfully ok being elsewhere and few nuts (bribe) works really well with him. I have a friend in Glasgow unfortunately Nico was getting little ill when going back, turned out he is not doing too well next to cockatoos and gets a wee cold after it so our vet suggested not to get him back there. Haven't found anything since than a pet-shop boarding home which is not ideal. I will take Nico for annual health check and see what the vet says. Maybe someone will found this post in the meantime too!

Top Bottom