1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For A Holiday Friend! - Lanarkshire Area/glasgow

Discussion in 'Holiday Homes For Birds' started by Condor, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Condor

Condor Regular Member

Hello there,

My best feathered friend Nico IMG-20151115-WA002.jpg Nico.jpg Nico2.jpg is looking for a holiday buddy when I'm away. So far we have been using holiday boarding homes when required (not ideal).

Is there someone in the same situation around Lanarkshire (north & south) & Glasgow?

Many thanks,

Tom

cazimodo likes this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi, Aww Nico looks a lovely bird.
    I am unsure how many members we have in your area, but maybe @cazimodo may know of someone I thinkshe is around your neck of the woods. Also have you asked your vet if they know of anyone.

cazimodo likes this.
  3. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Hi Nico. Your wee guy is lovely I live in Kincardine, but I really don't know anyone else around the central belt with parrots I'm afraid. I know they exist, 'cos we bump into bird people all the time at the vets, but no idea where they all are. I can't offer myself either as my wee girl Ziggy is a plucker and any changes are too upsetting for her right now.

I hope you manage to find someone though. We just don't go on holidays anymore as there is nobody we trust to look after the birds properly.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

4. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Have you asked your vets in the area they may take boarder or know of some one who dose

5. Condor

Condor Regular Member

Thanks guys, I haven't actually spoke to my vet about it yet, will do next time as he might suggest someone. It's not easy to find someone you can trust with your bird :). Nico is thankfully ok being elsewhere and few nuts (bribe) works really well with him. I have a friend in Glasgow unfortunately Nico was getting little ill when going back, turned out he is not doing too well next to cockatoos and gets a wee cold after it so our vet suggested not to get him back there. Haven't found anything since than a pet-shop boarding home which is not ideal. I will take Nico for annual health check and see what the vet says. Maybe someone will found this post in the meantime too!

cazimodo and dianaT like this.