1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For A Cargo Net

Discussion in 'Parrot Entertainment' started by Andy brown, Apr 15, 2018 at 1:40 PM.

1. Andy brown

Andy brown Regular Member Registered

Hi I'm new to this forum so firstly hello.
    We have a young male Senegal named sonny a few weeks ago we purchased a large play gym for him and are looking to create a play area for him in the corner of the room. We are looking for a large cargo net to go round the walls. Screw fix sell one for vans would this be suitable? The pet ones I've looked at are way to small.
    Thanks

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Senegal parrots can be destructive and the strings used to provide it into a Rope is not the type that is made from short pieces but a long thread that can be dangerous. the long strings if they get chewed can get your parrot caught and in the worst case the bird may get strangled. this dose not mean you cannot use the net but use it under supervision and keeping an eye on its condition and watch the way he uses it. a simple mistake I made once cost the life of a maroon chested conure as I left the string on a bag of bird food and my bird strangled it self. my advice is it is not worth taking the risk and even places like Scarlett.s parrot essentials do safe nets although I do not know if it is big enough for what you are looking for but your bird will enjoy it

plumsmum likes this.
  3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: from me and my flock (and 3 Sennies!) Good advice given there by Michael. I believe www.scarlettsparrotessentials sell various sized cargo nets as do www.northernparrots & other on-line stores, so it may be wise to have a look at those website.
    Can we have a photo of Sonny please:thumbsup:

4. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi Andy and :welcome: to the forum

If you need a bespoke size then contact Karen at the Natural Bird Company

http://www.naturalbirdco.co.uk/

They will make whatever you need, and it will be guaranteed to be from rope safe for birds

5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Sorry I wish to say hello and welcome I have four sennies and I know these birds and there ways very well love to see a photo of your bird and the play stand

6. Andy brown

7. Andy brown

8. Andy brown

Cool Thank you

9. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

scarlett has some new nets that look to be very big.. and welcome :wave: