1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Shot ?

Discussion in 'Parrot Breeders' started by TonyC, Jul 16, 2017 at 4:07 PM.

1. TonyC

TonyC Regular Member Registered

I am looking for a hand reared baby Blue Headed Pionus, preferably a hen, what are my chances ?

2. Parrot797

Parrot797 Regular Member

It should be easy to obtain one.Perhaps Reichenow's could be a little harder to find.

TonyC likes this.
  3. TonyC

TonyC Regular Member Registered

I'm really sorry, but I have no idea what that is ? Doyou really think it will be easy to find one ?

4. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

5. Parrot797

Parrot797 Regular Member

The Reichenowi Blue Headed Pionus is a sub-species and is less obtainable at short notice.I can find them but they are more expensive.

DizzyBlue likes this.
  6. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Thanks Parrot797 :thumbsup: I came up with a strange seed eating finch! :lol:

7. Roz

Roz Elected Forum Trainer Regular Member

Hi Tony, it's been a while since I researched Pionus breeders. I have just messaged someone who used to breed them in Colechester to see if he still does. I know of someone in Wiltshire - I don't know if she still breeds them. I had my name down for one of hers many moons ago. I could PM you her telephone number if you've written 10 posts or more? Do you get the Parrot Society magazine? There are ads for birds at the back although mostly aviary, but some of these people might know of a breeder who hand rears. Now is the time to start searching. What about places like Riverbank Aviaries? Does Beck's Bird Barn still exist?

DizzyBlue and dianaT like this.