Little known facts

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pipe up the rest of you if you know a little known fact just for giggles
This was my submission from back in 2012.

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. (Hardly seems worth it!)

If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue. Hmmmmm.....wonder if that's men or women applicable or both??!!

You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.

Americans in total on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated. (From drinking little bottles of...?) (Did the govt. pay for this research??)

Polar bears are left handed.

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds, that makes the catfish rank #1 for animal having the most taste buds.

The flea can jump 350 times its body length, It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.

A cockroach will live nine days without it's head, before it starves to death. (Creepy!)

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body The female initiates sex by ripping the males head off. "Honey, I'm home. What the...."

Butterflies taste with their feet. (Oh, Sh*t)

Starfish don't have brains.

Tonifrax

Sloths only 💩 about once a week. They lose about 1 third of their body weight and its more comparable to childbirth than a normal bowel movement. They climb down from their tree to go to the toilet which is when they are most vulnerable. A lot of sloths fall victim to predators whilst pooping. It takes them about 30 days to digest a leaf and if they do not maintain their core temperature the microbes in their stomach that aid digestion can die which means they can die from starvation with a full stomach.

They also have an entire ecosystem growing on their bodies and some fungi found in their fur has even been found to be active against some strains of cancer 😱

Tonifrax

Looks like just you and me with weirdo lesser known things stuck in our heads @Tonifrax what does that say about us.... :risas3:
What a couple of nerds 🤓 :risas3: maybe its because we never sleep so we are up reading random stuff all the time :watchout:

Your fact about right handed people had me reading up about cross dominance which was interesting. I have it. i just wondered if i get the extra 9 years or not though :thinking:

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hmmmmm
Being a shrimp keeper myself I always ponder why a shrimps heart is in its head... Weird huh?
But as kangaroos can't pass wind perhaps that's weirder? :thinking:

random reading passes time when you can sleep .... But it also fills your head with stuff your never going to use in general life.... Can a brain get full????

Michael Reynolds

tardigrade's are the smallest known animal at 0.3 to 0.5mm. but do not ask me what shape its poop is but it dose have stumpy legs but i do not know if they can regrow

Top Bottom