Little Known Facts

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Ok lets have some "little known facts" picked from the depths of the old grey matter.

I'll set the ball rolling with the following....

A flea can accelerate 50 times faster then the space shuttle!

:biggrin:

Bob

Bird Whisperer
Staff member
Admin
I like these :)

The Dung beetle can lift 1,140 times its own body weight, that's like us lifting a double decker bus :shock:

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
good one Bob :thumbsup:

Vultures have smelly feet they poop on their feet especially in the summer time to keep them cool so end up with smelly feet!

Julie

The Mother Hobbit
A Polar Bears fur is transparent and not white like most people think

Julie

Julie

The Mother Hobbit
I tend to know useless info, well that's what Stevie says, he also says I'm very good at pointing out the obvious too lol

Julie

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
OMG!!!

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. (Hardly seems worth it!)

If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour. (Still not over that pig thing!)

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure. (So why does a damn PIG have the half hour orgasm!?!?)

On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue. (Hmmmmm.....wonder if that's men or women applicable or both??!!)

You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.

Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated. (From drinking little bottles of...?) (Did the govt. pay for this research??)

Polar bears are left handed.

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds, that makes the catfish rank #1 for animal having the most taste buds.

The flea can jump 350 times its body length, It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.

A cockroach will live nine days without it's head, before it starves to death. (Creepy!)

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body The female initiates sex by ripping the males head off. ("Honey, I'm home. What the....")

Some lions mate over 50 times a day. (In my next life I still want to be a pig...quality over quantity!)

Butterflies taste with their feet. (Oh, Sh*t)

A cat's urine glows under a blacklight

Starfish don't have brains.

:laugh:

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
yes i did whilst waiting for Bob to type or think about the brain teaser :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
came across a really cool blog spot he had something on there about two of the american presidents and a mathamatical probability thing which was a bit of a brain bender!

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
he also had a maths poem which was a sum but only worked out in words under translation of working out the sum and the mathematical signs!!! :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:

Julie

The Mother Hobbit
I soooo want to be a pig in my next life :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Julie

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
just found it it's on a page called moonsighting.com (don't ask but I was trying to find out what sector of the lunar month we were in....!)

Just copied it across for you.....blew my brains!

This poem was written by Jon Saxton (an author of math textbooks).

((12 + 144 + 20 + (3 * 4^(1/2))) / 7) + (5 * 11) = 9^2 + 0

Or for those who have trouble reading the poem:

A Dozen, a Gross and a Score,

plus three times the square root of four,

divided by seven, plus five times eleven,

equals nine squared and not a bit more.

:shock:

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Nice one Liz I just needed to check out where I was :laugh: some of the sites I endup bringing up seem to be so blinking random they are unreal!! Think I will have to get that app so I don't end up on weirdo sites giving me maths poetry :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom