1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limbkeepers -

Discussion in 'Non Parrot Media' started by dianaT, Jul 31, 2019.

1. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

So of you or your friends or parents may have 'fragile skin' that bruises, cuts or tears easily. I certainly do and for sometime have been wearing Limbkeepers which up until very recently have only bee available in the USA.
    They are now available in UK which is great news (I have just ordered another pair)
    So, you may find this info useful , the heavyweight ones - which are not 'heavy by the way' also aid protection against parrot bites (this is from experience!)
    https://www.limbkeepers.co.uk/collections/all

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Protection from parrot bites, I would not think you will need it if you have a Senegal Ha Ha, well its handy that it can protect your skin from normal use stopping bruising and cuts, it a bonus if you suffer from them and you have parrots

dianaT and Wendy Cooper-Wolfe like this.
  3. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Very useful to know - I have often wondered how I will cope when I am older as my skin bruises easily anyway - the pic shows something that I WOULDNT count as a proper bite and I have all sorts of nicks and bruises where Dora climbs up or down my arms - and normally wouldnt be a problem if I am wearing sleeves
    IMAG0368.jpg

dianaT likes this.
  4. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

I say that looks like a right dint!
    I have an eagle gauntlet that was made with extra Kevlar in the thumb and first two fingers which is what MrP uses to land on. He isn't scared of it but the feel of flesh … well he just can't resist really clamping on with his beak and twisting as he chomps have had some right nasty bites from him when he first arrived, now its not a problem and he knows he can bite the gauntlet and have zero effect so he doesn't bother now :) He's happy so I'm happy :thumbsup:
    Might have to get some of those leggings for when I go wandering out and about in the fields …. might help protect against the mosquito's since I tend to have bad reactions to bites from them, I always have a little freak out session when it comes to ticks … nasty little ugly monsters may give me peace of mind about stopping those from attaching to me :thinking:

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe and dianaT like this.
  5. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Excellent products they really are I ordered a spare pair Wednesday and they arrived yesterday!
    If like me anyone has skinny legs and are short too order the forearm protectors they fit my legs just right, and of course arms too if required.

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe likes this.
  6. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Ticks!!! @DizzyBlue in spring I was finding 1 or 2 deer ticks a day on me.... luckily at the stage where they hadnt really latched on so easy to remove, but when my husband was away I was petrified at finding one where I wouldnt be able to remove it by myself! I think I had a dose of Lymes last November - didnt know what it was as hadnt found the "bullseye rash" but had a dreadful facial rash and felt dreadful, it went and returned twice, I was given antibiotics and although it took a while I think its all clear now.:emoji_fingers_crossed:

dianaT likes this.
  7. DizzyBlue

You just totally freaked me out Wendy …. the thought now of getting one where I can't either see it or remove it …… [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe likes this.
  8. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Oh dear @DizzyBlue they usually seem to go for the back of the knee but I did have to be a bit of a contortionist one day.

9. DizzyBlue