Lighting Advice

tJs1977

Registered
Hi i am looking to get over cocos cage i am looking at Arcadia Ceramic Reflector Clamp Lamp with Ceramic Holder if its ok and what bulb will be best Thx

That all depends on the holder you purchase
First it has to be bird specific
If it's a round holder shaped rather like a lampshade then your not going to get much out put for the bird.
Length of bulb if it is a lampshade shape has an issue as some bulbs are longer than others
Also remember you have to find out it it's a screw or bayonet fitment inside the holder as that will give you certain selections.
Ceramic reflectors are mainly for heat bulbs and lighting specifications for reptiles and amphibians not birds reptiles / amphibians have different spectrum requirements.

That all depends on the holder you purchase
First it has to be bird specific
If it's a round holder shaped rather like a lampshade then your not going to get much out put for the bird.
Length of bulb if it is a lampshade shape has an issue as some bulbs are longer than others
Also remember you have to find out it it's a screw or bayonet fitment inside the holder as that will give you certain selections.
Ceramic reflectors are mainly for heat bulbs and lighting specifications for reptiles and amphibians not birds reptiles / amphibians have different spectrum requirements.
What would you recommend Mate

Personally my three greys and my blue front amazon have the bolt on lights

My DYH has a zoo med lamp stand as he's a plonker and will try his best to grab anything he can by reaching outside his cage with his feet ..... :rolleyes: there's always one that isn't playing with a full deck and it seems to be living at my house :risas3:

If you want to do a more inexpensive light for the long run buy your bird a tube light.
Purchase an anti flicker fitment, make yourself a wooden frame for it and buy bird florescent tubes.
Somewhere on here there are some photos Bob put up of his, he added some parrot gauge wire mesh to stop his greys getting at it.... Will see if I can find his pictures for you.

Here he is (Zuri) under the light :thumbsup:

P1020126.jpg

Have a read of this thread

Arcadia annoyed the hell out of me the other year oooo must be your light fitting or your electrics that they are blowing before their one year guarantee .... Nope was their problem with duff fitment which was proved by a few shops I contacted to see if they had issues with bulbs being returned for exchange luckily for me the shops were also informing them of the issue. So Arcadia doesn't hold well with me reputation destroyed but that's just my experience.

Back
Top Bottom