1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lidl - Radio Controlled Weather Station

Discussion in 'Housing' started by DizzyBlue, May 11, 2019.

1. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Yes I went wild at Lidl today!
    I bought a radio controlled weather station as have an idea ….. going to set the outdoor monitor up inside the aviary so I can more easily monitor the temperatures etc in there.
    Cost me £14.99 but will give me good and accurate details of what's going on in there during the winter months and also to monitor the temperatures during the summer time so I can easily keep an eye on things and make any adjustments.
    Plus as it has the indoor part of it I will be setting that up inside the bird room indoors so I can monitor humidity in their sleep room amongst other things and make any adjustments in there :)

If this pans out properly may be a thought for some of our other aviary owners so they can keep an eye on things in their aviaries too.

@KEV H @Yellowchickenparrot @Oli Fry

Latindancer and TomsMum like this.
  2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

I did debate the baby monitors that Lidl have for sale too …. so I could set one up in the birds night sleep room and have the receiver upstairs in case of night frights.... still debating that thought …..

3. Oli Fry

Oli Fry Regular Member Registered

That's a great idea. Could be a good security feature too!

4. Oli Fry

Oli Fry Regular Member Registered

And it will be interesting to listen to what they all say about you when you aren't there.

TomsMum and Latindancer like this.