Leg rings

Milo25

Registered
Hi all just a quick question sorry to be a pain but milo came from the breeder with a ring on his right foot question is should this be left on forever or should we get it removed?
Many thanks
Julie and milo x

Zoe220615

Miss Marple
Leave it on would only have it removed it was causing an issue. They are meant to stay on you wouldnt get it off would have to be cut off if it is a closed ring but only by a vet an if an injury had occured or wrong ring fitted an it got tight something like that.

dianaT

Staff member
If its the right sized ring and is not causing any problems and he does not start nibbling at it then it should be okay, just keep an eye on it. If it has a number on it keep a note of it as should he ever get lost it is a form of id, keep it to yourself though and your vet only. You are not a pain in asking - this is how we all learn from each other.

Milo25

Registered
If its the right sized ring and is not causing any problems and he does not start nibbling at it then it should be okay, just keep an eye on it. If it has a number on it keep a note of it as should he ever get lost it is a form of id, keep it to yourself though and your vet only. You are not a pain in asking - this is how we all learn from each other.
Thank you so much I will jot down the number and keep it safe he does nibble on it a bit but nothing to worry about I don’t think, I will keep an eye on him thanks for your help

Milo25

Registered
Leave it on would only have it removed it was causing an issue. They are meant to stay on you wouldnt get it off would have to be cut off if it is a closed ring but only by a vet an if an injury had occured or wrong ring fitted an it got tight something like that.
Thank you it’s an open ring but seems to fit fine will just keep an eye on him, oh I would never try to remove it myself would hate to hurt him ☹ Thanks for your help

Top Bottom