1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning To Fly !

Discussion in 'Parrot Chatter' started by Bug, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Bug

Bug Regular Member Registered

Hi all My two budgies are really learning to fly now and it is an absolute pleasure watching them trying out different techniques. They were so erratic and clumsy at first but are gaining confidence in their new found aerobatic ability dailyJoyful to see ❤
    P.S I just carry on as normal and they are allowing me closer to them daily..their fear is reducing

dianaT, DizzyBlue and Rain like this.
  2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Brilliant Bug Budgies are very good flyers and I am pleased they are trusting you closer now

Bug likes this.
  3. Bug

Both had been kept in a small cage all the time so I guess they were out of practice and their muscles were weak. Lovely to see them grow stronger..physically and emotionally. They already chatter and sing alot more especially when I play a Budgies singing video via Youtube lol

4. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

I have 4 baby budgies that belt around the house like lunatics. i love watching them so i really understand your pleasure in watching them

Bug likes this.
  5. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

I adore budgies, totally annoys me when you come across those people that look down their noses at them or only only seem to think larger parrots are special WRONG the dinky dudes are freaking awesome
    Really inquisitive high intelligent come in an awesome set of colour ranges too
    Have you ever seen the half siders?
    [​IMG]
    Mind you I do love to see the Spangles as well :)
    [​IMG]

bikergirl Carol, Nigalius and Bug like this.
  6. Michael Reynolds

I will agree Budgies are fantastic beautiful and intelligent.

dianaT and Bug like this.
  7. Bug

Wow!! They are magnificent!
    I don't have the time to devote to a larger parrot. With these two I know if I'm out for a few hours they'll be safe and entertain themselves without developing destructive habits. They have a place with people like me!! X

LennyS, dianaT and DizzyBlue like this.
  8. Bug

And good company !! Funny too lol

DizzyBlue likes this.
  9. DizzyBlue

They are fab little dudes
    I have four and they are all awesome :)

Bug likes this.
  10. Michael Reynolds

yes Companions for every one I have twenty eight budgies that I loaned out as companion birds for the elderly as they are great company and enrich peoples life's.

Bug likes this.
  11. Bug

❤Love that!! That is such a positive and thoughtful thing to do Michael.
    I could not agree more

dianaT likes this.
  12. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Hahaha, @DizzyBlue Somehow I dont think I am falling for that half sider one, I think they are only bred the day after March the 31st, LOL Nice one though.

13. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

OOOHHHH, I am wrong. I googled them and they DO exist. This is incredible.

Bug likes this.
  14. Bug

Stunning colours !

15. DizzyBlue

@Nigalius yes they really do exist :) its a genetic mutation ….. ok so they are all born sterile so can't be bred from but other than that live normal length of lives apparently
    The above one is called Twiney
    There is a really lovely one in Australia half yellow half powder blue
    There this one state side

16. Heather2131

Heather2131 Guest

Omg that is amazing!

17. Michael Reynolds

they are amazing and I am pleased they cannot breed these lovely birds as I can just imagine the price that may be given and instead of being loved they will become a way of making monies. Like people Colour only makes it a far better variety to look at but its how they are inside that counts. Ok I will be proud to show off the bird as yet another wonder of nature but like all my flock from large to small they get treated the same and loved the same. I got offered a stupid amount of money for my Beryl but our love and understanding for each other was priceless.