Kobe and Ollie ... firm friends

Michael Reynolds

there is some thing about OWA's that attract other birds. I know they are my favorite of the amazons, Conker has three fans, Charlie, Bella a ringneck and Lime a Budgie. Charlie has a good following of friends that even includes Buster but his favorites' are Dobie and Conker. its so lovely to see them get on so well

Michael Reynolds

That normal Stinky, it always seams that other birds have to work hard to gain a OWA as a friend. but if the other bird has an argument with another bird then the OWA is the first to back its friend up so both benefit by the relationship.

Roz

LOL - it is very one sided, Stinkie!! Ollie did the chasing for 9 years and constantly got rebuffed. Now that Kobe has suddenly decided Ollie is a good egg, he's doing the chasing and preening, and sometimes Ollie has to complain loudly to make him stop. :pancarta:

Oli Fry

Registered
Especially surprising given that Kobe is hand reared and has been so closely attached to you for so long, Roz. It's wonderful that he can now broaden his social circle (no offence).

• Love
Reactions: Roz

Roz

Thanks everyone. I was pretty amazed that Kobe knew how to preen Ollie - he hasn't preened anyone in his life. Sometimes he's a little rough which causes some bickering between them. I am really pleased Kobe is broadening his social circle - it gets annoying him following me around the whole time. :pancarta: Interestingly I can walk up to them and skritch both their heads whilst Kobe preens Ollie.

Top Bottom