Kakariki

Jilly16

Registered
Hi I have a beautiful pied kakariki. He's approximately a year old and lives happily in my aviary with other parakeets. However for about a month he has stopped flying and singing. He appears very healthy and is eating, drinking and pooing fine. He is very active and scrabbles around on the floor like kakarikis do. He climbs and runs and glides to the floor from heights. Any ideas?

Michael Reynolds

Hello and welcome Jilly, there is a possibility he may have slightly hurt one of his wings, I do not think it will be a bad injury and most like just a bruise given he will open his wings to glide down, there are a few things I would like you to check, first of all his breathing, dose he seem to breath with out a problem? no tail bobble or open beak. when he rests dose he stand on one foot? are you sure yo have a male? if you can send a photo of him from a frontal view it will help.

Michael Reynolds

What a lovely boy you have, I cannot see any main reason to worry at the moment, all I can say if you do have further concerns then phone your vet for advice,

Top Bottom