1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kakariki Watching Youtube

Discussion in 'Parrot Entertainment' started by Dave Smith, May 3, 2019.

1. Dave Smith

Dave Smith Regular Member Registered

Hello all.
    I've had my young Kakariki just short of a week now & she is very quiet . Which is what we wanted really, but not this quiet.
    Anyway I put Kakariki singing into Youtube & she all of a sudden started singing & churping away & climbing all over her cage.
    Which is lovely to hear, but then we thought is it a good thing or are we teasing her without knowing it?
    Any advice would be great thanks.
    Dave. :emoji_tv:

TomsMum likes this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well they do like company of other birds. It's quite a lonely life otherwise.

Dave Smith likes this.
  3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

I would say good thing.
    We put Brazilian Birds radio on every morning for Chiko whilst he waits for his breakfast.

4. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

I would say … let your little one tweet along to others :)
    It takes a while for birds to settle down and get used to new people so dare say in a couple of weeks your bird will be twittering and tweeting at you too.
    Yes birds like to be in a flock but if you get another one that doesn't mean to say they will get along. Plus if you end up with a male and a female …. heaven help you! I started with two and hey presto in under 5 months the number went up to 6. :nut: Then your issue would be what to do with them and where could you buy ear plugs from. :lol:

Dave Smith and Latindancer like this.
  5. Latindancer

Latindancer Regular Member

Good thing, I play bird sounds using Alexa, my budgies love it. I record Scruffy the amazon, and play it back to him, he seems to enjoy it.

6. Dave Smith

Ok thats great thankyou all.
    I was thinking of maybe after she was quite tame, getting another one , maybe a mate?
    But where would it all end? lol :budgie::Lovebird::emoji_baby_chick::emoji_bird::emoji_penguin:

DizzyBlue and dianaT like this.
  7. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:risas3::risas3: unfortunately once you get the parrot bug....it never ever ends!!!

Dave Smith, Latindancer and DizzyBlue like this.
  8. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

The answer to where does it all end … simple with people like us besotted parrot slaves :risas3:

9. Latindancer

Latindancer Regular Member

Definitely addictive, it’s verging on obsession.

TomsMum, Dave Smith and dianaT like this.
  10. Dave Smith

[​IMG]Here is the latest picture of her sat on a apple branch.
    (sorry not quite got used to how to insert a picture)
    58864891_2255059661198896_8041168334282031104_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2019
  11. Stinkie

Stinkie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Omg how cute is she!!!

Dave Smith and TomsMum like this.
  12. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I do not have a TV but often leave my computer on playing bird sounds and sounds from the jungle from You tube, I believe my birds like them and it can help me relax

13. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Quite often I play bird sounds on You Tube. Nothing particular really but my birds reactions are varied and they love 'speaking' to the recordings. It does help having 2 where they can interact with each other when I am not there.

Dave Smith likes this.
  14. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

DUHHH....Dora can be very quiet sometimes and I often find myself chattering and singing like a looney just to keep her company, and usually have the radio (she seems to like soul music and Bob Dylan went down well this morning) on but never dawned on me to play bird sounds to Dora! Will try that today.

Dave Smith likes this.
  15. Dave Smith

DSCN2370.JPG [​IMG]
    She is still very quiet, but as soon as I get my lap top out still starts jumping about & singing. Go's straight on the lap top. lol

Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 9:03 PM
    Michael Reynolds likes this.
  16. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

this is what I love about these birds they are so inquisitive

Dave Smith likes this.