Just when i I thought...

Bec90

Registered
Just as I think we are making no progress Rio surprises me.
Yesterday i started target clicker training. I started through the bars. He has taken to it amazing. Today I opened the cage door and he came right up to me and took the treats with the bars between us.
He then was flying around having a lovely time so I thought I'd get his bowl of food out and try feeding him with the bowl whilst he was out. He looked hesitant but munched on the seed whilst sitting on the tv hehe.
I then took a step back and shook the seeds and he came and landed on the bowl. This is the closest his been to landing on my hands. Head... yes his fine with that haha. Also I had a long sleeve on and covered my hand. I wondered if his just scared of hands and skin?

Is this all sounding positive?

Bec90

Registered
Very positive, the trust will slowly get stronger
Brilliant. His not having it tho with my partner lol everytime he tries Rio turns his back on him and does something else.
However my partner is very impatient and has been the one to keeps really trying him to step up etc when his clearly not ready, so I think Rio knows that!
I keep trying to drum it into him saying it's not the way and will lose his trust. He just wants to keep putting his hands in cage etc but I tell him not too. I'm actually at a point where I'm worried if I go out and leave him with Rio he will break the trust I am building.

Top Bottom