Is this something to be concerned about?

PinkV

Registered
I am really worried about this behaviour, is it normal? I've attached a video, of our Rosella Mally, he's never done this before, and I'm just trying to be safe. He makes no noises while doing this, and eats fine (I gave him a nut after this and he just ate it like usual). Is this something to be worried about?

TYIA

your bird is regurgitating, practicing for feeding its partner or young. its normal behaviour
We recently got a conure, and they've been out together in the same room for a few weeks, could it be in response to that? Although they haven't been very chummy, our conure seems very territorial, often bullys the Rosella off of some perches and their cage xD he's also been pressing his beak to certain things, but didn't think that was too odd 😂 so long as he isn't choking like we were worried he was, thats a relief!

No it is something all birds will do as they are becoming mature. you may also notice your bird yawn more this is only adjusting its crop

No it is something all birds will do as they are becoming mature. you may also notice your bird yawn more this is only adjusting its crop
I have noticed him yawning but always just thought it was sleepy 😂 thank you! Is there anything I should do to make it easier for him? He's been so uninterested in all the toys he usually likes, just just sits on his different perches/on top of the conures cage 😂 any advice would be helpful

there is not much you can do, you may find he will find a toy or place he will regurgitate on. this is ok but sometimes they can get over perceive and even very protective of the place it choses, if he gets over bonded with an item then it may pay to remove it

Back
Top Bottom