Injury Advice Please Asap

They were just rolling around playing as caiques do and as per Archie got aggressive and took it too far
So hes obviously injured her nose and he jumped straight off her when he realised (they were mutually playing)

Not quite sure what to do, ive dried it a little with tissue
She is playing like nothing has happened although she freaked out a bit at first and was shaking her head
Will it be alright?
Gave her a walnut piece and I will probably seperate them for a few days, see if Archie calms down.

Think I might need to make new sleeping arrangments tonight? I dont want him picking at it when they are preening
IMAG0624-1752x2336.jpg

Sophie did that once- while she was learning how to land she face planted wooded floor. I gave her a treat to take her mind off it and it was all better by next day although obviously I was checking frequently for a few days.

Honestly I think shes okay
Shes just opened their sleep cage door to let Archie out
Shes playing like nothing has happened and the blood looks like it has dried now or clotted
Will be getting the spare cage now for sleeping, see how that will work, she hasnt slept by herself since she was a proper baby

It looks like a small injury most likely he caught his claw in her nave, its not bleeding and looks like just an accident when they have been playing.

It was bleeding but not a lot, just a small amount and I dried it up with tissue to stop it and it looks really dried up now

They are not happy bunnys in seperate cages, but I cant risk him picking it and making it bleed again whilst im sleeping, the cages are right next to eachother and they can see eachother
Poor baby

Oh bless her, she really wants to be in with Archie, shes really upset about it, shes not settling and is making little noises :(
Shes looking to see why hes not in her sleep cage/bed with her

Awwwwww - I'm sure she will be ok. Stuff like that has happened here too.

She finally settled and went to sleep
It looks okay from what I saw but I will get a better look when she comes over to see me

Not sure what the birds would do if I went out for the night haha I havent had a night out since they started sleeping together in the travel cage in my room
Archies fine and would just go to sleep but Phoebe was not happy about not being snuggled up with Archie.

I think it will be party time for them heather, your place will be wrecked, neighbor's complaining about the noise and you will come home to find police awaiting at your door step:ura::ura::risas3:

Sorry she got hurt they do play rough. Do you have F10 not the one with cleanser in. A little on a cotton bud will act as an antiseptic. If beefing stopped I wouldn’t mess with too much but keep an eye and wipe away any food debri

Shes fine, it hasnt bled anymore and shes not bothered by it, thanks for asking
I let them sleep together lastnight
It should heal up okay

I am pleased she is fine, caique's do play rough and small injuries can happen but your two are like two siblings having play fights and like there human children accidents can happen especially when they get over excited

It was a worry at first with it bleeding as I know they dont have much blood but it did stop and all is okay
I stayed calm and she let me hold her, im pleased they dont hold a grudge against me haha
Thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom