In Loving Memory of Frankie

JackAndRob

Staff member
Very sadly, Frankie passed away this morning. He was on his perch at 6am, but when we went to get him out at 7:30 for his meds, he had slipped away.

We have been checking him through the night and his breathing got no worse, but we were concerned that he didn't seemed to eating and I planned to contact the vet with that concern this morning. We tried to feed him all of his favourites yesterday evening but he wasn't interested.

We are still waiting for the remaining results of the blood tests to come back but I have called the vet and let them know.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
That is so very tragic really sorry for your loss of your beloved Frankie. Give Yin a hug from me.
Fly free Frankie over rainbow bridge sweetie your going to be so very sadly missed. xx

dianaT

Staff member
Oh my goodness I am so very sorry. Sending love to you both. I don't know what else to say xx

niamhandori

Very sadly, Frankie passed away this morning. He was on his perch at 6am, but when we went to get him out at 7:30 for his meds, he had slipped away.

We have been checking him through the night and his breathing got no worse, but we were concerned that he didn't seemed to eating and I planned to contact the vet with that concern this morning. We tried to feed him all of his favourites yesterday evening but he wasn't interested.

We are still waiting for the remaining results of the blood tests to come back but I have called the vet and let them know.
Aww i’m so so sorry for you. fly free frankie ❤

JackAndRob

Staff member
Difficult to find any positives in this, but I have been informed by the insurer that the claims for vet fees and death have been accepted. The payments were made into my bank account this afternoon. That would be the vet fees minus the excess (£30) AND minus the vet's PPE costs (£10).

We did not have a receipt when we purchased Frankie from the seller - it was a private sale - but the insurer accepted it anyway. I guess they could have been awkward about it, or just rejected it, but they didn't even query it.

The insurer handled the whole thing very efficiently, as did the vet who had to complete their side of the documentation and send it to the insurer. I gather that the administration side of their practise is very well organised.

The insurance policy was with British Pet Insurance.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
All very sad and very raw I bet but its always great to find a good insurance company feel free to put a recommendation link to their website on forum somewhere where we can refer people too perhaps in the health folder and pin it?

Top Bottom