I'll Never Understand How Ruby Thinks!

Bradders

Parrot Power!
Most of you will know that Ruby hates change in her cage and it's very difficult to add or replace new toys even when introduced gradually.

Well last week we were away for the week and as usual Ruby stays at the vets. She has no problem adjusting to change of cage at all and the vet said that sometimes they cope better with a big change rather than a small one.

So with this in mind, while she was away, I bought lots of new toys and perches and went for it. Her cage inside was completely different. Ruby's reaction? No problem at all. She took it all in her stride and, at this time of typing, is dangling from her new bell!

Shirley

That's fantastic news Bradders and well done Ruby , you know what our baby's are like Bradders they all like to make us out to be wrong rofl .x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's so weird I'd love to know what they think
Archie was never scared of anything, I could put anything new in the cage and he'd be straight on it playing
Now he's scared of new things, terrified of the air purifier, I bought a basket to hook onto the cage for his foot toys and he was terrified of that

Never used to be though, so weird

That's so strange that Ruby is happy with her new toys, yet when you add just one she isn't, what on earth goes on in their minds!

Bradders

Parrot Power!
I know, I can't work out if being away from home for a week had something to do with it too. She's getting a new cage on Thursday, hers is developing rust spots, it's exactly the same model as her current cage but when I change her toys over, I'm going to move them around a bit and perhaps add another new toy.

I'll let you know how she responds as I've no idea what she'll do!

bikergirl Carol

I can move Charlies stuff around and he is usually ok as long as i dont move his roosting perch with his mirror with bell on the bottom from its place hanging above his perch cos he sleeps with the mirror lying on his back :thinking: dont know why but he wont settle unless its there

dianaT

Staff member
All of mine their sleeping perches have to be in the same place. Mostly they are okay with new toys but not the ropes to perch or climb on they seem to think they are scary snakes!

Bradders

Parrot Power!
That's the one thing I didn't change, her highest Java branch as she sometimes sleeps there and her grotty swing which is the other place she sleeps. Her grotty swing went with her to the vets too as I knew she'd miss it. She's taken all the bark off it but she loves it.

@dianaT I use rope perches to drape over the TV and living room door. Keeps her off them! ;)

Top Bottom