1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Am Donating A Large Box Of Parrot Toys And Accessories

Discussion in 'For Sale and Bargain Links' started by Disco, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Disco

Disco Regular Member

Hi everyone,

In short: I am permanently moving out of the country and I have a large box (80 x 40 x 20 cm, refer to photo) of parrot toys and accessories that I am donating to anyone who would like to pick it up. Most of the stuff in the box is brand new: chew toys, soft toys, hard plastic toys, bells, ropes, ladders, and accessories to create your own toys (ropes, beads, feathers, ...etc) and the rest is in very good condition. Some were used by my beloved Disco the green-naped lorikeet who is now in parrot heaven. The toys would suit medium size parrots or small parrots (but not macaws).

Included in the box is a funny hand puppet that I used with Disco for (yes, surprisingly it worked) negative reinforcement. He used to be terrified of the puppet and when he misbehaved I used to wear the puppet on my hand and act as if the puppet was going to attack him (the puppet also makes a squeaking sound). He learned very fast and at the end, when he misbehaved I would just start walking towards the box where I kept the puppet, and Disco would straight away know to calm down before I even take out the puppet :D

The box will be at Steeple Aston in Oxfordshire at my friend's house (on weekends) or he can also bring it to St John's Wood in London during the week, at the convenience of whoever would like to collect it. We'll simply coordinate :) Please leave a reply here or send me a PM.

Cheers!

parrot_toys.jpg

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

@Disco That is very kind of you to donate the toys and I am so sorry for your loss of pretty Disco, I will be interested as I have quite a large flock with the voluntary work I do for parrots, tomorrow I will check on how easy it would be for me to travel to St Johns Wood by train and will PM you if I am able to. well I hope your new adventure goes to plan and also you occasionally let us know how well you have settled. if I am not able to get there by train I will let every one know so they can request the toys. thank you for being so kind.

3. Disco

Disco Regular Member

Michael it would indeed be fabulous if you can pick up the box. There's no rush, my friend can have it at his St John's Wood's flat in London until someone picks it up. Postcode is NW8 7EG.

4. Michael Reynolds

I have PM'd you thank you

5. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

So sorry to hear the news of Disco flying over the Rainbow Bridge, there are many parrot friends thereto keep him company.
    Wishing you Bon Voyage @Disco

Disco likes this.
  6. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That is very kind of you @Disco but I am sorry your beloved bird passed away.

Disco likes this.
  7. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@Michael Reynolds that may be rather heavy for you to manoeuvre on buses & trains, unless someone can give you a lift? Or maybe another possibility is a courier - price may match the cost of transport? It's just a thought I had @Disco

8. Michael Reynolds

it wlli be ok I have a collapsible sack barrow and the journey is strait forwards

dianaT likes this.
  9. Disco

Disco Regular Member

Thank you all! Very happy Michael will be collecting the toys and accessories :) Looking forward to seeing them put to good use with his flock :D

plumsmum, dianaT and Michael Reynolds like this.
  10. Michael Reynolds

I wish you and your growing family all the best and a big thank you from me and the members of my flock

Disco likes this.
  11. Michael Reynolds

Made a day of my visit to your friend Peter as I also visited the Ringnecks in regent park, I took a few grapes with me and attracted a few to land on me at one time I had two females and a male perched on my hand and shoulder, I did ask him if it was his Ferrari parked out side his flat but he denied it was his, I did not want to gp to London Zoo as they may of wanted to cage me. well thank you from the flock members that will benefit from the toys you had donated .

Disco likes this.
  12. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Bon voyage @Disco, so very sorry for your loss of Disco.

Disco likes this.
  13. Michael Reynolds

Have a safe flight tomorrow

14. Disco

Disco Regular Member

Haha!! Oh yes I just spotted that red Ferrari too. That mansion block does indeed have some stunning flats occupied by interesting people :D
    The ringnecks at Regent's Park are quite a handful! :D

15. Michael Reynolds

I was going to say if the Ferrari is yours I am quite willing to look after it for you