I’m officially old :(

Scott199

I’m a bit of a “gamer” or used to be but watching my son play the VR (virtual reality) on the PlayStation and then me trying but falling badly.

the world has changed so much and I’m now my dad asking him to set the thing up for me :risas3:

this is what he’s doing with like hand things

Ararajuba

Hmm, I can't say the graphics especially appeal to me, for a start. Too bright and crude for my taste. I suppose, though, that playing that would do something for your hand-eye coordination (like most action games), and also provide a little light exercise (unlike most video games).

Really, though, if I was to spend my time swinging a sword, or for that matter a pair of them, I think I would rather get some real exercise and skills by doing so with real swords - or reasonably solid practice ones, at least! Is that even allowed in the UK these days though, or is anything with more destructive potential than a stick of butter considered too lethal by the Powers that Be?

(I can understand that you might not want your son to play around with real or practice swords, and I might be wary myself in your situation, depending on his age/maturity. Daughter is certainly not going to get anything of the kind for a few years!)

Scott199

Good grief Luke Skywalker move over newbie coming through!!!!
I know I can barely see them, let alone hit them and just to add more the little arrows on each block tell you which direction to hit them.
I miss pinball :risas3:
Lol i tried my sons once an i felt all giddy must of looked stupid to arms an legs going everywhere.
It does give most people motion sickness, it’s a freaky strange feeling as everything tells your your moving but your feet say nope as they stay still
Hmm, I can't say the graphics especially appeal to me, for a start. Too bright and crude for my taste. I suppose, though, that playing that would do something for your hand-eye coordination (like most action games), and also provide a little light exercise (unlike most video games).

Really, though, if I was to spend my time swinging a sword, or for that matter a pair of them, I think I would rather get some real exercise and skills by doing so with real swords - or reasonably solid practice ones, at least! Is that even allowed in the UK these days though, or is anything with more destructive potential than a stick of butter considered too lethal by the Powers that Be? (I can understand that you might not want your son to play around with real or practice swords, and I might be wary myself, depending on his age/maturity. Daughter is certainly not going to get anything of the kind for a few years!)
It’s just a game to mess with at home, the actual headset view looks nothing like what you/we see on screen, it’s a bit of fun but I haven’t seen anyone come out of it without sweating, it’s a decent workout.

cant let the kids run around with real swords or even practise, they/I’d be arrested in seconds:aplastao:

Zoe220615

Miss Marple
I know I can barely see them, let alone hit them and just to add more the little arrows on each block tell you which direction to hit them.
I miss pinball :risas3:

It does give most people motion sickness, it’s a freaky strange feeling as everything tells your your moving but your feet say nope as they stay still

It’s just a game to mess with at home, the actual headset view looks nothing like what you/we see on screen, it’s a bit of fun but I haven’t seen anyone come out of it without sweating, it’s a decent workout.

cant let the kids run around with real swords or even practise, they/I’d be arrested in seconds:aplastao:
He had one that was a rollercoaster an i just couldnt handle it really messed with my head. Kids are adaptable though an dont seem to effect them.

Scott199

He had one that was a rollercoaster an i just couldnt handle it really messed with my head. Kids are adaptable though an dont seem to effect them.
Yep I’ve tried that, it’s not nice but also a shark one that makes you feel like your falling or sinking the ocean

Zoe220615

Miss Marple
Yep I’ve tried that, it’s not nice but also a shark one that makes you feel like your falling or sinking the ocean
Not tried that one i imagine its like when your about to fall asleep an you jump where it feels like your falling if you ever had that happen or im just abit odd.

JackAndRob

Staff member
Lol i tried my sons once an i felt all giddy must of looked stupid to arms an legs going everywhere.
It is a bit like FPV goggles - model planes, multi-rotors (quads, drones), etc. At first you are struggling to keep your balance and are swaying around all over the place, but eventually you get used to it and learn to stand still. Or you just sit down.

Scott199

It is a bit like FPV goggles - model planes, multi-rotors (quads, drones), etc. At first you are struggling to keep your balance and are swaying around all over the place, but eventually you get used to it and learn to stand still. Or you just sit down.
yes it is, exactly like that.

Top Bottom