Hyacinth breeder in the uk

WillR

Registered
Hi my names will
I have been looking for a hyacinth macaw for a while now. I really would love hatching a baby hyacinth myself and caring for it. I know that you can’t buy them online as there scams. Does anyone know any breeders based in the uk, I’m free to travel anywhere for my feathered friend.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I do know of two breeders but I know neither would sell eggs or unweaned youngsters plus you would have a nightmare getting their defra paperwork as you would have to prove parentage etc...
Have you ever reared a parrot yourself? You would need incubator brooder and a mind numbing amount of time to rear because of how many feeds per day.
Hence a lot of us don't hand rear from hatching it's down further down the line ...

WillR

Registered
Thanks, I have hand reared cockatiels many times before which I really enjoyed doing. I’ve done hours upon hours of research. Even though I would love to hand rear a hyacinth macaw I have been looking for ages and I have had no luck. But please could you give me the breeders info, many thanks Will

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Oli Fry

Why hand rear from the egg when a parent-reared bird would be so much better adjusted? Hand rearing is largely a marketing device to enable breeders to sell birds quickly and at a young age. It's being banned as a commercial practice in some countries I believe.

lockey

Males 14k
Females 16k
Hyacinths don't make great parents plus the rarity of them is why eggs are pulled, incubated and hand reared, Of course there is exceptions to this.

Top Bottom