Hyacinth baby at London Zoo

Oli Fry

Registered
Just spent the day at London Zoo with my daughter and was delighted to see a baby hyacinth with its parents. According to a keeper the pair have been together for twelve years before breeding for the first time. Well worth a visit as the birds are immaculate and seem very happy and playful together. Also there's a huge aviary containing four young blue throats. So nice to see macaws properly housed and flying!

Michael Reynolds

yes they have good facilities there, the place I worked at had a pair of Hyacinth's that had a young one, I had to be carful of the male as it was very protective. I am pleased you and your daughter enjoyed the day, did you take any photos?

Oli Fry

Registered
I keep trying to upload but I keep getting a message saying the file is too large. It's just a snap

Oli Fry

Registered
Visited Paradise Pk this week. They seem to produce a good number of birds including blue throats and now palm cockatoos there.

Oli Fry

Registered
Loads of scarlets too. Great to see a communal aviary of citron crests rain bathing together to boot.

Oli Fry

Registered
Maybe the hyacinths at London are now under a new husbandry regime or something. They seemed in better condition than on previous visits.

Top Bottom