How To Do Free Flight Outside

It really is amazing what you have done and those picture are brilliant to see. I'm lucky that we have a lot of space so these get plenty of wing exercise xx

Amazing shots, though i'll think i'll stick to flying Georgie indoors !! :)

As you might have read, I think that will be the perfect and ideal solution for your Georgie and yourself.

Georgie gets most of the benefits of flying, and you get the enjoyment without the risk of heart attacks doing that outdoor.

I never was the trainer.

If anything, I am the trainee, the student of the real trainers, my birdies.

But somehow, it is strange what my birdies (and beasties too) will do for me, their trainee.

Words are cheap . One can claim that they are world class trainers for all that they want.

This is what my birdies do for me.

And what you can do with your birdies.

Try getting off your high horses about you as the trainer or in need of world class trainers to train you as a trainer.

Try being a student to your birdies, which was what I did.

Nothing more. Nothing less

4349717320_cc551be8b3_z.jpg

4395158703_a65731f030_z.jpg

4395906292_798efaf4bf_z.jpg

And also with what boffins, experts and users of mult syllibic words classified aviary birds (whatever is meant by that, go ask them).

I treated them just as birds , except with straight bills instead of hooked bills and also singing to me as well.

Yingshiong, a wild caught white rumped shama given to my care

512079608_ee8da4a82c_z.jpg

Libai, a Greater Greenleaf bird

5717381689_560ec9832b_z.jpg

Others that felt they let their birdies be their trainer and they the trainee.

And to others here, please be warned the video below not to be seen by faint hearted.

I will not do this in that area either.  I had suggested to her a safer place with no power lines be used next time.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=484734251663709

There are lots more of free flying macaws and CAGs in Taiwan in that facebook except thats written in Chinese.

So far had not heard of problems from them yet.

See and enjoy, or see and be terrified, or both.

I might have been the catalyst when I started flying Tinkerbell in Taiwan and riding with her on my bike 14 and more years ago.  Birdies were almost all clipped in Taiwan 14 years ago

TV clips had been made of me increasing my exposure to even more than the thousands who had seen of me and Tink as we went out everyday and every weekend. 

Try to seat somewhere firm before you see these couple of videos.

Do not judge how he kept his birdies.  Do not EEE  or EKKK at their cages.

Remember they the birdies,  have a choice of not coming back.

And he is doing this on a daily basis.

You all can use the youtube features to see other free flights done in Taiwan.

They went a lot further than me now.  Groups of them regularly go to parks with their macaws and 2s and conures and AGs to free fly.

I try to find those where you see 20-30 birdies all go flying together among trees and buildings

That is actually great to watch Shanlung, as you say not something to be tried at home, but nevertheless I loved watching them all flying  :thumbsup:

Enjoy this group of free flyers from Pingtung near Kaoshiong, South Taiwan, done yesterday afternoon.
I am not advocating that any folks do that.
Let us accept that some people can, of different age and size.

It require a mindset that I cannot put into words. I think no one can put into words.

12 years ago, that big size guy , Silvanus,  in purplish shirt was blown by Tink and me, never seen or thought possible one can keep and live with a flighted parrot.

I think he and others went on a bit further.

They spoke in Mandarin.  At the beginning trying to coordinate the start of the flight. Later on you hear telephone conversation which went like this.  " I am too busy now to talk to you.  I will call you back"

You all also know I am on record, in writing or verbal, never ever encouraging people to do free flights in the open even if I am hypocritical enough to do what I tell all not to do.
To Shanlung - How to do Free Flight Outside

I found my Taiwanese friends also never tell others to do what they do. We have had good laughs over that.

I do not think anyone who do BASE jumps from cliffs or skiing in double black diamond ever encouraging others to do that either.

But we have strong rapport with those that do what we do, and we share what we know in full spirit of fellowship.

And one more thing. None of us ever felt we are Trainers & Masters. We all know we are students and the birdies our trainers.
Try to just enjoy the video and not freak out too much.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152308524033297

Fantastic video I must admit I would worry flying my birds over built up areas I love free flying but as you say its not recommended and the bond between bird and man is one of trust and want.  the relationship must be very strong and the understanding between both firmly recognised. 

Things done must primarily be done for benefit to birdies.

ln which if flight is allowed to birdie at home (flight in aviary is a joke unless it is a HUMONGOUS aviary), and the respiratory system of birdie allowed to work with the air sacs and lungs

95% of benefits of flying will be already given to birdie.

Might even be 99% or more just to be allowed to fly in the house.

FREE FLIGHTS IN OPEN GIVE MAYBE 0.1% BENEFIT TO A BIRDIE ALREADY FLYING ABOUT IN THE HOUSE.

So you are already doing very very well by the birdie to allow birdie to fly at home.

The risk of free flight is great.  Should be left to the mentally unbalanced folks.

We love our birdies as much if not more than anyone else.

:biggrin:   But we are not quite right in the head as I really cannot think of logical and rational explanation  :biggrin:

So be normal.

Do not be like us.

But be free to enjoy what we do.

Mass start of a flock of birdies at Taipei Taiwan yesterday.

See and enjoy folks from all walks of life doing this.

Thank you Shanlung, that was amazing to watch!! 

As you often say, don't try this at home and these people and birds obviously have loads of experience, who trained who as you often say lol, but can't help but feeling these birds have the best of existence, flying free but coming back to there obviously loved carers :)

that was awesome, wonderful to be able to do that and have them come back, what a great life for the birds. :)

Back
Top Bottom