1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horse

Discussion in 'For Sale and Bargain Links' started by dianaT, Aug 12, 2019.

1. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Would anyone be interest in buying my granddaughters horse, needs experienced rider, Dancer is a 12yr old grey and taken part in various eventing shows etc. Do msg me for details. She is in Bromley Kent.

2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

My word that's a tad different!
    What size is she (hands high) may make a spot of a difference to peeps considering :)
    I miss having horses but am way too old now to get another

3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

We have a riding school if you can send me the details, height, age, photo and price I can passed them on to the stables, with plenty of visitors and young riders some one may be interested,

4. dianaT

Here's the full ad.

For Sale 16hh KWPN passport 12 years old grey mare.

Jumped BSJA Discovery as a 5/6 year old by her previous owner.

I have owned her since she was 6, in this time she has competed in riding club competitions and clinics, as well as local dressage and show jumping. She also completed a riding club ODE and competed in the 1m05 at the riding club championships at Hickstead last year.

Lack of both time and money has meant that she has not accrued as much mileage as other horses her age and thus the gap in her affiliated career (I can see no reason why her new owners will not be able to re-affiliate and pick up where she left off should they wish to compete BSJA). During this time she has been fit and in full work hacking, jumping, schooling, beach rides and XC schooling etc as well as the competing listed above. No sickness or injury (vet records can be provided).

Hacks alone and in company. Sound and vice free. snaffle mouth at all times. She has always been a pleasure to handle with me, box, shoe, clip, vet, dentist, saddler etc.

Although she is bred to jump she is a good all rounder and would turn her hoof to most things.

Very well bred on both sides. Her sire, Cardento, competed internationally including Athen in 2004, more info can be seen on this link http://www.horsemagazine.com/thm/2010/08/cardento/
    Her maternal grandfather, Libero H, competed in the World Cup on 1994, more info can be seen in this link http://www.horsemagazine.com/thm/2010/08/cardento/

She was imported from the Netherlands in 2012.

Pretty much full history and vet records available since her arrival in the UK.

Passport, breeding papers and BSJA records available upon request.

Very sad sale of a very sweet and genuine mare due to personal circumstances.

NO NOVICE RIDERS PLEASE. To be sold to a competitive home only as she is currently wasted with me.

Priced to sell at £5500. ONO. No loans or LWVTB as this is a heart breaking decision as it is.

Please phone : Louise 0797 433 2004 for further info,

Many thanks
    Dancer.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    DizzyBlue likes this.
  5. dianaT

6. DizzyBlue

WOW a stunner :)
    She should be snapped up no problem and at 16HH options are wide for adults and younger generation a like with the appropriate ability.

dianaT likes this.
  7. Michael Reynolds

I will print a few leaflets and pass them to three riding places I know

dianaT likes this.
  8. DizzyBlue

Trying to think who on here has horses I know there are a few perhaps they would know somebody
    I know @Kehaar is into horses also there is a member with a macaw … trying to think of their user name....

9. DizzyBlue

OOo It's Erika and also Roo that are into horses

@Erika @Roo

dianaT likes this.
  10. Michael Reynolds

what a stunner, with a great history, there are a lot of horse riders around this way, including very experienced competition riders, I will pass the word, being in Kent it will mean less transport issues with distance not being a problem.

11. dianaT

Thank you, I am so grateful for your help and my granddaughter will be too.

12. dianaT

@Michael Reynolds I have added Louises name & phone no. on the poster, she is happy (and of course sad) to speak to people.

13. Kehaar

Kehaar Regular Member

She is just gorgeous @dianaT
    I hope you manage to find a lovely home for her :)

dianaT likes this.
  14. She is beautiful, such a sad decision to make but obviously the one taken shows the love for her horse and wanting the best possible for her. I really hope a wonderful new home is found. Times like this makes me wish I was still riding and working at the stables! xxx

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  15. dianaT

Also

FOR SALE
    Black leather GP Saddle 17”
    17” Barnsby GP saddle £650. In excellent condition. Can come with leathers and irons if needed. Owned from new, have original sales receipt for £1500. Collection Bromley, Kent.
    Tel Louise 0797 433 2004

DizzyBlue likes this.
  16. Erika

Erika Regular Member

hope everyone is ok not been on for a while my life has been so hectic over the past year. Thanks for tagging me in to this at the moment l’m not looking for an horse l’ve reached my limit with horses. If horse manure was like gold l’d be rich with the amount of production mine do l still have my old mare who’s now 24 time flies as l’ve had her 17 years but age is slowly catching up with her. l have the children’s ponies to ride now as they’ve outgrown them but we’ve had then since foals so could never part with them.
    l love KWPN horses they are very versatile l think she’ll be more for a teenager coming off ponies. l think an amateur would probably want something a bit younger regardless of lack of milage so to speak. Nowadays people seem to want anything for nothing & from what l can gather at the moment it’s more a buyers rather than sellers market. There’s so many horses needing homes nowadays too, people aren’t breeding for quality either cobs have taken over in recent years for their placidness etc but l’m old school give me a thoroughbred, irish sports horse or good old native pony any day our native ponies are in decline so l’ll support them until the pigs come home.
    Most people want tack included & people will haggle when l bought my mare a saddle was included but the lady wanted to keep the one she originally bought her with & give me another which my instructor at the time advised me against as it didn’t fit her right so we agreed a price to reflect no tack so l could get a saddle fitted from a saddler. Your granddaughter will have to stick to her guns & be prepared for the hoof kickers & time wasters. l hope she finds a good home for her horse soon. Take care

Kehaar likes this.