1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoodies & Polo Necks For Parrots

Discussion in 'Feathers And Grooming' started by DizzyBlue, Mar 3, 2019.

1. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

As you all know little Henni the grey is a mutilator not just a feather plucker so from time to time she needs something to occupy her mind whilst she heals and as collars drive her to distraction we have found that some jackets provide her with the movement she needs combined with the protection of her body and feathers from her batty behaviour. Thought perhaps some of the rest of you might like to have a nosy to feed your curiosity :)

Just been browsing the Babes in the Hood website
    Some of the new designs are just cracking me up :risas3:
    Am thinking she may need a vampire jacket and a Jurassic park themed one if they will do them in fleece linings for her
    Really practically thinking about it she should just have the Kevlar feather protector polo neck wrap around protector but I do so love looking at the others.
    Normally I would not ever think of putting any clothing on a bird but Henni is a tad different and at times needs to be protected from herself.

https://www.babesinthehood.net/ This place is in Scotland

Mind you some of the snugglies on the Flight Quarters website look rather tempting too.... https://www.flightquarters.com/bird-diapers/category/bird-fashions.html this place is state side so factor in shipping fees. Also quite like the Deluxe high neck protector with fleece lining and leather on top of the Velcro fasteners.

Really don't like the diapers that they make seems wrong to me to have the bird carrying around its own poop :(
    Their nek collar looks interesting but not entirely convinced by it ... can bird still use its foot to feed Henni lieks to be able to do that but that brings up another thought if she coud do that then could she in theory still reach her back and under her wings / chest etc hmmmm

plumsmum and CaptainHowdy like this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Lol, if it helps with a mutilator I do agree but otherwise I definitely do not like to see parrots 'dressed up' as for diapers a big no no.
    But then I think this about dogs too, they do not need to be dressed up - unless of course there is a medical reason for it.

DizzyBlue and CaptainHowdy like this.
  3. CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy Regular Member

I have a couple of these for Chicken Legs. I've found that I have to keep repairing it though. The Velcro isn't long enough he opens the darn thing. So I extended it and he's shredded it. So i added poppers which hes managed to get off lol.

I wouldn't mind but when it's on he's happy as Larry once he's used to it again! In fact I had to pin the hood back as he kept flicking it over his head

He has got the Kevlar one but it's far too long and his feet stay tucked inside it so I need to alter that one for him.

Defo don't agree if it's just to make them look silly etc. But for mutilators and feather pickers perfect!

TomsMum, DizzyBlue and dianaT like this.
  4. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Ah I dress one of my dogs in a jumper as she seems to feel the cold
    Our other dogs have never been bothered if they get wet but Fern shakes after a bath or swim in the river so she's got a little purple jumper now
    They also have proper coats for when its cold and rainy in the winter

CaptainHowdy likes this.
  5. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

I think you misspelled, do you mean tucked ;)

6. DizzyBlue

lol no she miss spelt the first time and the auto correct on forum kicked in changing the word :risas3:
    I then went in and changed her word but you must have quoted the post as it was and auto correct kicked in for your post lmao

CaptainHowdy likes this.
  7. CaptainHowdy

Oh dear hahaha! I defo didn't put that word

DizzyBlue and TomsMum like this.
  8. DizzyBlue

:risas3::risas3: should have seen the word you did type :risas3::risas3: I sat here pondering how you managed to by pass the software for censoring language on here then realised I had missed programming that word in so my fault for not double checking myself on what was in there :risas3:
    The word fecked automatically replaces a swear word which would be the word tucked but with a different starting letter if you follow me..... Or rather it does now!!

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  9. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Auto correct is a pain when it gets things wrong but at least we can all see the funny side. I try not to put welly's down when I type as this has happened a few times in the past.

10. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

I agree that unless for the birds own safety / healing they shouldnt be dressed up - part of why I'm not keen on facebook sites showing off dressed up "birbs". I love all the typos though - keep them coming! My late mum could never get the hang of predictive texts and used to keep me giggling all day with some of her messages.

dianaT, TomsMum and Michael Reynolds like this.
  11. CaptainHowdy

Oh geez lmao. Well i suppose it explained exactly how Chicken Legs was feeling when his legs were stuck inside the jacket and he couldn't move!
    :emoji_joy:

TomsMum and DizzyBlue like this.
  12. DizzyBlue

:risas3::risas3:

TomsMum likes this.